yucky spots from misting

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by shannon5b, Apr 29, 2007.

1. shannon5b

shannon5b New Member

Does anyone know how to get the water spots off the glass of terrariums with out using harmfull chemicals?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. BethMarie

BethMarie New Member

I like using white vinegar to clean all my pets' cages (without them in it of course, and letting it dry). It is natural, nontoxic and also a great antiseptic. It also is fabulous at cleaning windows, etc., I love my vinegar!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. shannon5b

shannon5b New Member

That sounds like a good idea. I didn't know that vinegar could clean glass, but I do know that it wont leave a harmfull residue. Thank you I will try it.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. jayhay

jayhay Well-Known Member

I use diluted vinegar as well. As far as I understand, it has something to do with acids and bases, as the water spots are just minerals. The vinegar does get those spots off for sure. I personally use "wipe out" to disinfect and vinegar after wards to get the water spots off. I then rise like 5 times and let it dry and air out.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. shannon5b

shannon5b New Member

I use wipe out too, but it does nothing for the spots. I appreciate the responses. Half the fun of the terrariums are showing them off.