Yeaaaaaaah BaBY!!

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by dumerillis_1986, Jul 5, 2007.

1. dumerillis_1986

dumerillis_1986 Well-Known Member

So i have found many many many good deals on aquariums and reptile related stuff but NEVER have i found something like this.. was in the local paper with no picture.. said Glass tank EXTREMELY LARGE (In bold) so i called the guy he was not sure of the measurments and said it had been sitting in his shed for over 2 years.. o great... i go to check it out anyways and it was SO dirty it was not even funny.. got it home spent the past hour cleaning it out... ANYWAYS CHECK IT OUT!! $20 is what i spent...... yes $20....

It is 4feet long by 2 feet wide by 2 feet tall and has a glass piece in the center of the top and a sliding screen piece on each side of the glass on the top..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Can anyone tell me what the gallon size of it would be?? 4x2x2

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Tux

Tux Well-Known Member

119.7 if I remember correctly (exact size of a bearded dragons perfect enclosure)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. dumerillis_1986

Thanks Tux.. Well i could not stop at just cleaning it.. Had to break out some of the spare stuff and decorate it.. i think i am going to use the tank for the Retic i ordered from Jason Reed :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry about the stupid reflection lol

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. croc_gator_rebeccak3

croc_gator_rebeccak3 Well-Known Member

Where in the paper did you see it? What topic was it under? If it was in the Classifeds wich topic was it under?

I need to know this so I can keep track of that stuff!

You are so freakin' lucky! :)

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. dumerillis_1986

lol was under pets..

I think i am going to move my breeding pair of chameleons into it.. i might stand it upright and build them a nice breeding ground.. mmmm

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Tux

Tux Well-Known Member

you should get some shelving to make use of the vertical space you have.

12. TimothyTodd

TimothyTodd Member

Very nice, very good find, you're very lucky. Haha.

13. Collard

Collard Member

I hate you, *&^^&*(**(%$% lol.
    j/k I guess

You always get so lucky!! Nice find once again.

How much to ship it to me?

14. dumerillis_1986

Lol i think you could probably buy a 100g tank for the price it would cost for me to ship it to you haha!

Whats sad is i still can't decide what to use it for.. blah...

Suggestions?? lol

Tux any suggestions on shelving?? just plexi and some silicone? or?

15. croc_gator_rebeccak3

Pets? Wow. I should start looking for 40-50 gallons! thanks!

16. WTFbbqSnake

WTFbbqSnake Member

I've found lots of aquariums at garage sales and on craigslist/other classified sites. People in my area are always giving away enclosures cheap. My bearded dragon enclosure I bought for only $20 dollars is 6ft x 2ft x 2ft :D

17. dumerillis_1986

cool lol

18. croc_gator_rebeccak3

You guys, I looked through all my newspapers (2 ft stack) I didnt find one thing. :-( Where do you guys to look at classified adds online? If you do that is :)

19. dumerillis_1986

Well online i look at craigslist. But the paper i look in is the little nickel. www.littlenickel.com

20. croc_gator_rebeccak3

It's hopeless. Where I live, no one sells stuff like that. I have been looking all over Southern IL in craigslist, nothing. The Southern Newspaper has nothing. The only way to get a 40 or 50 gallon is to pay up the butt at a petstore... uggh. Well, I am going to set this off then until Dad moves the freakin' computer! I am annoyed that things takes up so much room. I cant wait to get a lap top...

Thanks though, I really appreciate it.

21. dumerillis_1986

zuberok.. check EVERYDAY and sometimes 2 times a day.. i check craigslist.com when i wake up at 3am to go to work and i check it at 1:30pm when i get home and i check it before i go to sleep.. things go up every SECOND on craigslist.. and things go VERY fast because people just need to get rid of things so you have to JUMP on anything you see that you might want lol.

22. sweet_sorrow123

sweet_sorrow123 Member

So lucky, that 120 gal. will run at about 200$ in stores.

23. dumerillis_1986

to bad i have no idea what i want to put in it haha i don't really own anything that needs those dimensions.. any suggestions??

24. dumerillis_1986

I really wanna do a live plant setup and find something that would be happy in a forest but i don't know the first thing about growing live plants inside lol.. drainage, lighting, all that stuff..

Also i would LOVE to do a water/land setup and get me a turtle but i don't think i could afford the filtration system that it would take to clean this monster and i don't know the first thing about aquatic filtration and pumps and stuff hah not to mention i don't even know if this thing holds water and for it to crack and flood my whole reptile room would be umm... i would probably kill myself Lol... *joking of course*

I am totally open to suggestions.. come on people help me out. i am up for a new project and a new learning experience.

25. croc_gator_rebeccak3

It would be awesome to make a frog habitat. Something new for you! Ad from your districption above (live plant, water/land) it would be perfect to do a very big frog/toad habitat. Heck, if i had that i would be making a fbt toad tank or a white dumpy tree frog tank, but iwould research before i do anything though.

Have you though of a Uromastyx?? I think that would be a thrill for you. :-D