worried about small crestie at work.

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by happypotomus, Sep 26, 2010.

1. happypotomus

happypotomus Embryo

Okay, so there is a crestie at my work, she's fairly young (i wasn't working at the time she came in) and came in with 2 other cresties, and they are both about twice her size now.. after about a month she still weighs 4 grams. we have her separate from the other 2 and are feeding her CGD w/ a syringe (not force feeding, just putting some on her nose, and when she starts licking it, we squeeze more out until she doesn't want any more) she won't eat it out of her dish. she will eat about .2 cc to .4 cc a day. also, sometimes i give her some small crickets dusted in calcium. i guess i'm just worried about her because she still isn't gaining any wieght.. what else can we do?

any advice/suggestions are much appreciated. even if we are doing something wrong please let me know! i dont want to be responsible for unhealthy animals and i just want her/him to start growing! i feel like a giant dumbhead.

:)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Hm... I'm glad you have him or her separate from the other two... is there any way you can get a fecal exam done on the little crestie? She or he probably has some type of worms or bacterial infection.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. happypotomus

happypotomus Embryo

i'll see if we can do that, she has gained 2 g so now she's 6g and is shedding :) so i am hopefull!