Worried about my crested Gecko HELP!

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by stina3246, Sep 24, 2004.

1. stina3246

stina3246 Member

:oops: When I got my Crested Gecko she was eating abour 4-5 crix a day + about a teaspoon of apricot babyfood. I know that's kind of a lot but she was always hungry. She is a year old and I've had her about 1 month. She's slowed down to about 3 crix a day and is eating less then 1/2 a teaspoon of baby food. I've been trying to vary her diet so instead of apricot I gave her banana babyfood for the last 2 days. She regurgitated about 2 large crix pieces and all her babyfood. She ate 1 crix this morning. I know they're nocturnal but she was active thismorning so I dropped a cricket in and she ate it right away.
    Is Banana bad for her? What about the babyfood that says Apricot with apple and pears?
    This definitely regurgitation....I know what her poops look like and this was completely different in size color and texture. She still looks plump and healthy, if she is sick, how long before she starts to loose weight.
    HELP

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Banana, Arpricot, Pear, Apple, any of those are perfectly healthy. And I'd also like to know what size crickets you are feeding her and what her size is. This way I can determine how much it can and should eat. For example, Once when mine was a year old, it only ate 1 or 2 crickets at a certain point becuase the crickets were very large, but that only lasted about 4 days.

Hmmmm this sounds kinda familiar to what happened to my friend. Give just a couple more details please, and also answer my quetion about size pleaz

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. stina3246

stina3246 Member

OK...she's about 6- 6 1/2 inches long including her tail and she's fairly plump and her head is nice and broad. The crix range from 1/4 to 3/4 inches long. She did eat ones that were about 3/4 last night. Are they too big?
    She is in a tank with a log to hide in, some fake foliage and a water dish. I mist her about 2x a day and our house is at a constant 78 degrees.
    What happened to your friend? Is his gecko ok?
    Thanks for your help!!