worried about her weakness

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by Akineleye, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Akineleye

Akineleye New Member

my snake lola is three years old, about. i got her in bad condition she was half-starved and cut up. I first fed her every week for a while and she was eager, she still sheds every month and a half or two months. Now i feed her every 10-14 days and shes usually very eager to eat. I took her to the vet back in octobre worried about parasites because she hasnt really put on any weight, her backbone is still quite visible and her skin seems to be hangin a little loose. the vet couldnt actually test the sample i'd brought she said lola seemed to be in fairly good shape to just keep feeding her well. Well i went to go feed her after 14 days and she didnt want it. after that long of time thats never happened to me. and she just shed a couple weeks ago, so thats not the problem. and today i took her out she seemed weak. normally she's just so excited to roam and explore today it seemed like she could barely uncurl herself off my arm. I'm worried about this. and all winter she's spent alot of time just hiding, only coming out to go to the bathroom and drink and such, ive just figured shes mellow because its winter. I'd just like any suggestions as to what her problem could be, if any... my apologies for the post being so long i just havent been around here in a while.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. HadesBP18

HadesBP18 Member

I would suggest getting a new vet. If you can visibly see the backbone of your snake after having a consistent feeding schedule than my first guess would definitely be internal parasites. Definitely try to get a fecal exam done.

As for the winter thing, sometimes breedable females act weird during the cooling process. It's a completely normal thing, but in this case I am not so sure.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Akineleye

Akineleye New Member

thanks so much. the vet i see is a good one, she actually specializes with corns and rats, she was much better than the first i saw with my little abandoned milk snake (who bit her and promptly died after i followed her advice) the new vet told me to try to bring them a fresh sample if i was still worried and i kind of thought lola's been ok until i noticed the weakness. and now i cant exactly get a fecal sample because she hasnt eaten in two and a half weeks and thus isnt eliminating. maybe it is just the winter, i know she's been bred once before i owned her. thanks alot :D

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Akineleye

Akineleye New Member

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Akineleye

Akineleye New Member

(guess i dont know how to post pictures. nvm.)

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Akineleye

Akineleye New Member

12. HadesBP18

HadesBP18 Member

Well, she doesn't look as bad as I thought you said, in that case your vet may be right! Still try for a fecal anyways. Be a poop scene investigator! She's pretty, a snow? I'm getting my snow soon too yay!

13. Akineleye

Akineleye New Member

thanks yeah she's a snow i love her to death but im facing problems regarding when i leave for post-secondary, i might not be able to keep her. i kinda wish i could've watched her grow up but she was just so sad in that disgusting pet store that i had to take her away :D

14. Katt

Katt Moderator

she is very beautiful