Wild gecko eggs....HELP!

Discussion in 'General Geckos' started by sykadelik, Aug 21, 2004.

1. sykadelik

sykadelik Embryo

Hi, I found 3 hard shelled gecko eggs in my storage closet while moving. I took them with me to my new storage closet just down the street. (I feared they would get crushed if I left them.) I didn't want to move them inside, since I don't know if they need humidity or not. I live in Dallas, and I think they might be Mediterranean gecko eggs. Anyhow, I wasn't sure if they were alive, although one egg has been darkening. I held a flashlight through all three, and in one egg I could make out most of the babys body!!! I saw his little arm twitch, and his heart beating. The other two I can't tell anything.........maybe the other ones are younger??
    Ok enough rambling, now for my questions lol:
    Its been 70 degrees at night, a little unseasonably cool...can this hurt the eggs? (the storage closet is a little warmer than outside, and they are in a paper towel in a flower pot)
    How long do you think the one egg has before it hatches, and where should I let him go when he does?
    Any help would be great.....I can't find anything on caring for these eggs, espcially outside lol THANKS!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. herpslave

herpslave Member

One thing I know, do not turn them upside down or anything. I don't know temps these eggs need. But it is best to invest or make an incubator. Google search how to make a incubator for reptiles or something.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

you should mist down the eggs every so often this way they do not harden too much and they will keep a leathery consistancy