White spots on RETFs

Discussion in 'Treefrogs' started by BloodRainChild, Jan 5, 2009.

1. BloodRainChild

BloodRainChild New Member

i am brand new to frogs but experienced with reptiles. i just acquired 2 gorgeous red eyed tree frogs (a male and female) from a co-worker that she just didn't want anymore and wasn't taking care of correctly. As soon as i got them i noticed white bumps on the female's back. i have been looking EVERYWHERE for info on this and found that it's oodinium and that the only way to cure it is to clean the cage really well and soak them in distilled water. well i said screw the cage cause it was that bad and got them everything new (including the tank) and soaked them. this was yesterday, today i noticed the female has more spots and the male now has one! i dont wanna freak out but how long does it take before they start getting better? and if they dont get better within so long when should i take them for a vet visit? they look happier and healthier but then their is more spots so i dont know what to think. i wouldn't be asking this but i cant find it anywhere on the web or in any books. thanks so much in advance!

Jen

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. lestat

lestat Moderator

Do you have any pictures of the spots? I'm going to send you a PM with some info that might help.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Blankminded

Blankminded Member

A photo would help alot. Im not sure what type of white sopts you are talking about but i do know that most RETF's have some "white spots" on them.