WHITE CRICKET!

Discussion in 'Feeder Forum' started by flang_uk, Jul 7, 2004.

1. flang_uk

flang_uk New Member

i bought some medium/large crickets a few days ago and my boyfreind noticed only yesterday that there was a white cricket in with them!!! he siad it might have been a female but neither of us are actually experts on this kinda stuff! i wonder if it could be another breed of cricket, but it worries me a bit, wondering if it is affecting the other crickets in any way??? ne help ??

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Smileen

Smileen Member

Is it still white? Sometimes they shed their exoskeleton and then are white at first, like mealies.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. ferret_corner

ferret_corner New Member

LOL! Yeah, I would say that cricket is just shedding. I get them all the time, because I buy my circkets by the 1000s'.

http://www.chameleonnews.com/year2003/jan2...s/crickets.html

Check that link out, very good pics of male/female crickets. I really should be breeding my own....I seem to be breeding a lot of stuff lately......

Sharon

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. flang_uk

flang_uk New Member

fort there something really wrong with it lol.had no idea they shedded there skin! thanx for the help guys

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. DylFunk

DylFunk New Member

yeah its also possible to get albino crickets which dont affect the gecko at all. it depends on how white they are. i've gotten some with white eyes which i think are albino. if its their shed skin they will probably still have black eyes.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. flang_uk

flang_uk New Member

had another look in there i can see some crickets shedding at the moment but there is a pure white cricket in there like u say its probably albino white eyes white everything.looks so strange to the other ones!

12. blueinfinity

blueinfinity Embryo

i get them now and then. its albino thing. first itme i thought it may hurt my old anoles but they lived

13. chris_wade

chris_wade New Member

yeh its probs albino. you can tale if its a female cricket or not by looking at the rear and of there is a long tube like thing sticking outta the back end between those little spikey things then its a female. its the egg laying tube.if theres only those 2 little spike things then its a male