What type of tree frog?

Discussion in 'Treefrogs' started by icyteathunder, Feb 26, 2007.

1. icyteathunder

icyteathunder New Member

I was wondering what type of frog would do best in this setup I made. It is 18 inches wide, 15 deep, and about 25 tall. It has a flourescent light up top and will have some fans for ventilation. I was thinking 2 or 3 RETF or some green and greys. In front of the rocks will be a pool with some fish, and a filtration system is in the back. It also has a waterfall on the one side.

[​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. theprayerposition

theprayerposition New Member

I don't think that is quite enough ground area for the frogs to be able to catch their food on/keep the food from climbing into the water.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. croc_gator_rebeccak3

croc_gator_rebeccak3 Well-Known Member

get some pexi glas and half the water area on the bottom if you could, if not i would suggest hand feeding your frogs... otherwise.. i beleive a cuban tree frog or a golden tree frog is nice to put in there, but i would go with a redeye tree frog becasue they are good swimmers compared to the others i have heard

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. icyteathunder

icyteathunder New Member

I'm making this clear....cause i might not of mentioned it before...the tank isnt finished, and behind the slate will actually be dirt and plants....i dunno if that changes ur replies or not. once again sorry. The water will flow thru gravle and into the pipe(inside the yellow guard), and thru the filtration syystem in the back.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. croc_gator_rebeccak3

well, i would get it done, maybe then we could tell what you can put in there... good luck!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. icyteathunder

icyteathunder New Member

well the tank is done...here are the pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

heres a better picture of the filter

[​IMG]

if you want a better idea of what was done go to

http://www.vivariumforum.com/community/con...iv-journal.html

Thanks for the replies...I hope to let it sit for a month or two before i purchase the animals...2 or 3 red eye tree frogs.

12. croc_gator_rebeccak3

good for you... make sure you research good though.

nice nice nice nice!

:-D

13. FrogmanJ

FrogmanJ New Member

Awesome tank. You will find that with that much water in there a great majority of your crickets are going to drown on you and the frogs won't be able to eat them so you will have to feed more crickets more often. Also, adding fish isn't the best idea because they will make the water real dirty real fast and you will have to clean much more often. A typical tree frogs water bowl should be refreshed at least twice a week. Some people refresh theirs daily! But of course you could try it out and learn as you go.