What tree frog to start with?

Discussion in 'Treefrogs' started by willow_hagrid, Sep 11, 2006.

1. willow_hagrid

willow_hagrid Embryo

We went to the toronto expo yesterday and got 2 cresties.My husband, who did not even want to go when I first mentioned it,now wants to get some little tiny frogs.I know nothing about them,could some one point me in the right direction.What would a good starter frog be and would the 12 by 12 exo terra be big enough?Thanks,Stephanie.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Reptile_Mann

Reptile_Mann New Member

Well the best starter tree frog i would think would be a whites treefrogs, they arnt tiny but they are great fro begginers, one will be good in that size tank but dont house them with another species of anything.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Reptile_Mann

Reptile_Mann New Member

Well the best starter tree frog i would think would be a whites treefrogs, they arnt tiny but they are great fro begginers, one will be good in that size tank but dont house them with another species of anything.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Reptile_Mann

Reptile_Mann New Member

Sorry for the double posts. Good Luck!!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. theprayerposition

theprayerposition New Member

An alternative to the whites tree frog is the green tree frog. Not quite as tame however they are considerably smaller, much more active, and grow like weeds which is always exciting to watch. I picked up mine for $6 a pair at a reptile show a while back.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. jordao_51

jordao_51 Member

I have owned both, and I would recomend a green tree frog, they are alot more interesting than whites tree frogs, and they would probably be more the size for that tank

12. malevolent_spirit

malevolent_spirit Embryo

I also have the same answer. I currently own two green tree frogs, and they are easy to take care of, and really fun to own. But I also know whites treefrogs are good to have as well, because they are really calm.

13. Reptile_Mann

Reptile_Mann New Member

Yea i guess thats true, go with a GTF, they are smaller and i guess easier to take care of but i was always told that whites are really easy too.