What kind?

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by Gargoyle, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Member

I'm thinking about getting either a crested or gargoyle gecko. What would you suggest or is there any other particular Rhacs you would suggest?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. BeccaL

BeccaL New Member

Choice

Hello! I've had a crestie for almost a month now. He's great and very tame. I don't know much about gargoyles though. I heard they're very similar to cresties (someone else could probably answer that better).

I like the overall appearance of the crestie better. Mainly because of his...crests :) Do you have anywhere you can go to actually see and hold either or both of them? Pics don't always do justice to the beauty of them. There maybe more color morphs for cresties too :)

If you can't decide, just get both :wink:

Becca

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Member

Tell that to my hubbie, I've already got him building a new multi-vivarium for my front room. I'm also going to the herp show in Hamm in September so he might not be too happy with me. Ha ha.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

There's a wider range of colors and patterns on cresties. Both are pretty similair in care requirements, and both can be handled. I persoanlly prefer the ciliatus because....well I own one hehe.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Member

Biased! Ha ha.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. MintyHippo

MintyHippo Member

That's a tough decision to me if you wan't something thats camo that can hide good in whatever you're keeping it in then go with a Gargoyle.But if you wan't something that has color go with a Crestie.That would be hard for me to choose one.So here's what I think hoped you liked my answer.