water monitor taming

Discussion in 'Monitors & Tegus' started by Skullkeeper, May 1, 2013.

1. Skullkeeper

Skullkeeper Embryo

I have read numerous post about Asian water monitors taming and the trouble they are having and how long it takes. What i want to know is whats the problem? I find that mine was very easy to tame down i have had him for 5 weeks now and very calm and loves to be with me when i get into his enclosure he climbs up my arm to my neck and just sits there till i get close to my boxer and then i am forgotten about so he can walk all over her he is just like one of my kids its so funny to see he is just 16 inches long a hatchling if i dont get him out he lets me know about it by scratching at the door. So is mine a special case or are they all as easy?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Cammy

Cammy ReptileBoards Addict

Every lizard is different and they all have their own personalities. Some are easier to tame than others and may take no effort at all. Some never become truly tame even with constant work.

AFAIK it's not the Asian water monitors that are typically a problem though. The aggression I hear about is usually in reference to Nile or Cape monitors.