Wants to breed

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by BoyntonStylez, Feb 8, 2005.

1. BoyntonStylez

BoyntonStylez Member

Im considering of breeding Cresties, seeing that I have a mature male and will be ordering a female. What are the requirements for breeding these awesome creatures? I know I need a incubator and place for the hatchling which Im working on at the moment. Can I keep a male and female together, if so will a 29 gallon suffice?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

29 gallon will work just fine. If you keep them together all year round you may want to do a slight winter cooling, this way they dont breed during the winter and the female doesnt get overworked.

Basically for a hatchling you only need essentials. A cricket keeper will suffice, might want to get each crestie his own (considering you have 2 eggs at a time). Use paper towel, a shallow dish of water, and a small plant or two for hiding.

All thats needed for them to breed is literally just placing them together, that simple. Of course a quarntine period is nessesary for the new female you purchase, give her about 30-90+ days.