Wanted to buy Argentine Red or Blue tegu

Discussion in 'Monitors & Tegus' started by JHayden05, Apr 3, 2005.

?

Whats your favorite Tegu

1. *

Argentine Red

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. *

Argentine Black & White

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. Argentine Blue

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Columbian Gold

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JHayden05

JHayden05 Embryo

Ive been working with reptiles for around 5 years now and I own 2 adult sand fire bearded dragons, 1 herrmans tortoise, 1 Brazillian rainbow boa, and 2 savannah monitors. I purchased them all young and they are growing nicely and are healthy as ever. I want to buy a Tegu. But I cant find anyone who has Argentine Reds or Blues. Anyone know where I can find one of them, please help me out. Either post your comments or you can email me
    Email - JHayden05@hotmail.com

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. varanidfan

varanidfan New Member

ron st. pierre

ron st pierre usually has them available over the summer months, check in with him. You usually have to be patient when you want something like that as tehy arent always available. I saw an adult pair on classifieds of another forum for 500, but usually tegus are abundant all summer long into the fall. good luck
    reds are awesome

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. JHayden05

JHayden05 Embryo

Yeah I checked out his site and he seems to know what hes doing, Do you know how much he charges for his tegus

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. ryzard

ryzard New Member

I just purchased a black and white tegu a couple of days ago, with other people's suggestion, and I could not possibly be happier. Out of the two, I have always raised monitors and never a tegu since I personally don't care for their skink-like looks (read "this one's for the tegu freaks" post) but I am now a tegu fan all the way. This animal is everything I've ever wanted in my monitors but struggled to get with years of work, and I got it with him in a matter of days. He is very curious, and extremely entertaining, and very very smart. He has alot of energy and prefers not to hide but to be around people at all times, and by the second day he was sitting on his hind legs "begging" for food and took it from my hands. I am just very impressed by them now and will absolutely consider another one. I personally like the red tegus, they are such unique looking beasts. Like varanid said, ron st pierre has em, and they have a great reputation from reviews I've heard. Check out the bluexred phase (or whatever it's called) morph, they are sweet.