UV light for beardie

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by beardieowner05, Dec 1, 2005.

1. beardieowner05

beardieowner05 Embryo

OK i was at a reptile shop the other day and they dont sell any of the repti-sun 5.0's or any other strenth UV lights but they sell this one UV light thats the Light holder and the light like its all in one already its made from plastic and it says sumthin about like "Super UV" for reptiles and stuff. and it looks like that reptile shop uses them does anybody know if these are good they are 24-26$ and i was wondering if they were good enuf or should i jus get a reptisun 5.0 and go get the light holder thingy at like hope depot or lowes????//

sorry if this confuses anybody if u have any questions please reply or email me at

ericcastellanos@gmail.com

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Spot

Spot ReptileBoards Addict

It sounds a bit dodgy to me. If you can't find repti-sun 5.0, you can also use repti-sun 10.0 which is even better or reptiglo 8.0
    Those are the 3 kinds of flo tubes that are proven to be good for beardies. I would avoid any other (unless you look into MVB) ones as UVB isn't one of those things you can take a chance on.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. beardieowner05

beardieowner05 Embryo

so which is the best recommended for a beardie? the higher the number for ex. 5.0 and 10.0, 10.0 bein better? doesnt it mean the higher the numbe the higher amount of UVB output from the bulb?