Spike Pictures!

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by JEFFREH, Oct 7, 2004.

1. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

that is one nice looking crestie. i wish mine would eat off of my finger

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

I'm sure it would if you find its fav. babyfood flavor, and let him/her smell it on your finger. Sure enough, he will be eating it in no time and look forward to coming out and chowing down some fruit babyfood. Thanks for the compliment, but yours is pretty darn nice also :wink: :mrgreen:

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

thanks man but mine really didnt seem too into baby food at all. the breeder i got her from said that he raises all of his on babyfood and crickets once a week. he even took out one of the babies for sale and it licked banana baby food off of his finger. i tried banana, peach, apple, and chicken. she didnt seem to like any. i put in crickets and she goes nuts! i just dont get it. maybe she will grow into the baby food

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. jamesjenkins

jamesjenkins Member

Thats a really nice gecko!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. mythdragonlover

mythdragonlover Well-Known Member

Hes so cool!

12. wideglide

wideglide Well-Known Member

Wow, those are awesome!

13. Morkai

Morkai New Member

Excellent pics - how old is he? He looks much bigger than mine but they are only about 6 months old.

re the babyfood, mine aren't too crazy about it. They only flavor they will eat is peach. Anything else gets studiously ignored. They do however seem much happier now that I just get canned peaches (or the plastic bottles of delmonte peach slices in light syrup) and run them through my food chopper. It leaves the peaches in tiny chunks and they eat way more of that than they do the babyfood. Dunno if you ever tried your babyfood but the peaches one just tastes wrong.

The bottle makes 2 tubs of peaches, one goes in the freezer and the other in the fridge - lasts just over a week and a half between me and the geckos.. teaspoon for mum, teaspoon for the gecko's. have to make sure it still tastes right :D

14. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

i taste all the food i give to my animals...peach babyfood seems to be the best lol if you are wondering yes i have tried a pinkie and no they dont taste good. anywayz!! i duno ill try tiny chunks of peaches

15. Morkai

Morkai New Member

ewww. you are defintely crazier than me..

Peach babyfood just seems too bitter to me, Pear was the only one that tasted right but I hate pears so it was still erky.

16. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

He's 18 month old currently. I have his birth date written down in a journal somewhere. I raised him from an egg. He's agood 9 and 1/4 inches now.

Keep trying new types of fruit. They may pick out a kind they like best and stick with it and never even try something else. I have to mix just a little of other things into Spike's peach otherwise he won't touch it. He loves peach, but might take a couple licks of apricot.

Thanks for the compliments!

17. wideglide

wideglide Well-Known Member

I think you're full of it ;) ! You really ate a live baby mouse!?

18. Morkai

Morkai New Member

I must admit I do use the sandfire dragon ranch crested gecko diet - I mix it in their peaches and they haven't complained yet. They wouldn't touch it when it was made per the instructions and when I mixed it with gerber peaches it jellified too much. But the chopped peach slices seems to work much beter with that as well.

I've had my three from 1 month old, they have grown a huge amount since I got them, I hope they get as big as Spike though ;)

19. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

it wasnt alive it was a thawed pinkie...if you dont believe me then taste 1. it tastes exaclty like raw steak with a little blood. but then the more you chew it, the more the flavor changes

20. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Thats awesome! But at the same time a little gross.

Spike is a pretty big male. Keep the feeding schedule, supplements, and food items right and they'y get just a big if not bigger! Spike is 18 months and 9 inches still growing! He's getting kinda chunky too, but still gets plenty of exercise hoping from one arm to the other and then up my shirt. We play a little game caleed "elevator". I move one hand up, and he jumps, then one hand down and he jumps! It's funny to watch.

Thank you for all the compliments, hope to get more pics soon!

21. Lexxicos

Lexxicos New Member

KLiK you're insane. How could you stomach that? I was sitting here wondering how you could possibly "taste" a pinky besides chewing it, but here you just went right out and did it!

Excuse me while a go cry in a corner...