Some Balls... DUW!

Discussion in 'Photos & Photography' started by JEFFREH, Jul 22, 2011.

1. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Wanted to throw a little picture thread together of a few of the ball pythons I have or have recently sold. Nothing too special, just codimant and double-codominant morphs = )

Pastave (Pastel Mojave, same snake in avatar) Yes, she did not want her pic taken that day LOL!
    [​IMG]

Lessley, the Lesser (she's a sweeheart, just kind of camera shy)
    [​IMG]

Cinnamon
    [​IMG]

Baby Lesser, Nom-Nom!
    [​IMG]

Little Mojave
    [​IMG]

Bumblebee (Pastel Spider)
    [​IMG]

Pewter (Pastel Cinnamon)
    [​IMG]

Lesser Pastel (looks evil, but he's a doll) Just sold this little boy... Ima miss him = (
    [​IMG]

Enjoy! I'll throw some pics up of the boas and feed time when I'm feeling ambitious = )

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. geckolover22

geckolover22 Well-Known Member

beautiful snakes im thinking of getting a simple baby spider ball

JEFFREH likes this.
  4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Cammy

Cammy ReptileBoards Addict

Your names still crack me up, lol. And Bumblebee is my favorite. So pretty. =D

Eme Demiri and JEFFREH like this.
  6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

geckolover: Thanks! Spiders are one of my favorite morphs, I had intentions of putting the pastel lesser male with a female bumblebee to shoot for Queen Bees (Or SUPER Queen Bees =D!) but my plans kind of changed. Don't be discouraged by the wobble that spiders are known to have, I've found that 90% of the time it does not affect their feeding or overall health and happiness; only for extreme cases where the animal is doing loopdy-loops constantly and star gazing does it seem to pose problems.

Cammy: I like the names too lol! Buzz the bumblebee, Lessley the lesser, Mo the mojave, Penny the pewter, Cindy the cinnamon...on and on...really the odd one out was the lesser pastel male....his name was Pete =P LOL

You should check out the Killer Bees and the Humble Bee if you like Buzz there, I was hoping to produce some killers this season.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

I <3 spider morph balls (that sounds bad) but I do! They are so friggin cute, I don't know what it is about them but I just love to stare at them at every reptile expo I go to! Beautiful collection you have going on Jeff!

JEFFREH likes this.
  10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. UwabamiReptiles

UwabamiReptiles New Member

The pastel lesser is a smoking snake, whoever bought him is extremely lucky.

JEFFREH likes this.
  12. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Thanks! He's a great little guy... I actually still have him in my possession as its been way too hot to ship anything this summer. The guy who purchased him is even luckier that this little boy has gained about 150 grams since he sent me payment due to my holding for the weather to break! =P

13. Wade

Wade New Member

That Pastave is by far my favorite, and I love his personality! LOL!

JEFFREH likes this.
  14. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

LOL! Yea... she was the opposite of how most people would expect a ball python to behave. An absolutely fantastic feeder and probably the hissiest and most ill-tempered animal I've ever owned. Gotta love her though, appreciate them for who they are = )

Her sister was actually a super pastel mojave, and for a good while I thought she might have held an extra pastel gene in there as well - but as she aged some of that faded look dispersed a bit.

15. Wade

Wade New Member

Haha, I honestly prefer snakes with a little bit of an attitude. Makes it more fun and they're always good feeders! (y)

16. Ellyn Corbin Levin

Ellyn Corbin Levin New Member

17. Ellyn Corbin Levin

Ellyn Corbin Levin New Member

BEAUTIFUL BALL PYTHONS! I'VE HAD MANY IN THE PAST AND LOVED THEM. THEY SEEMED TO PREFER THEIR MEALS ' LIVE ', AS THEY GREW UP. MY " MOVADO " USED TO WRAP AROUND MY WRIST AND GO ON ERRANDS WITH ME.... ! :>) YOU HAVE A GORGEOUS COLLECTION!

JEFFREH likes this.
  18. Eme Demiri

Eme Demiri Member

WOW they are all so beautiful. I love Spiders soo much. you are tempting me to buy one because its been on my mind . a truly beautiful snake !

JEFFREH likes this.
  19. ajlista

ajlista Well-Known Member

The lesser pastel is gorgeous

JEFFREH likes this.
  20. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Thanks for the kind words everyone! = )

I love these guys because you can literally design your own snake with all of the morphs our there... I think http://worldofballpythons.com has about 960 morph combinations logged at current and we're only scratching the surface.

Eme Demiri: Spiders are extremely popular, a great pattern (and color) morph. Due to their popularity and the amount of people throwing them into projects, I've watched them become more and more reasonably priced. In 2004 a Spider would have run about $10,000....a couple of years ago they were going for about $250-300...now their down into most hobbyists' price range where you can pick up males for as low as $100-150. I'd highly recommend it, but I'm also a bad ball influence >= )

I've also had a couple of people request more pictures and prices of some of the snakes via PM. To answer one the them, 2011 Bumblebees are going for about $350-$550 depending on weight and gender, with females being on the upper end. Price can also be affected by the amount of white on the sides, intensity of color and patterning, and lack of the spider 'wobble.' Both the Lesser and Mojave are codominant morphs but each is essentially het for the Blue Eyed Leucistic...a pure white snake with blue eyes.

I'm still lacking any recessives in my collection, I'd really like to get ahold of some Piebalds and Clowns down the road.

21. Eme Demiri

Eme Demiri Member

Hah , I remember when they were crazy expensive like that ! but every year when I go to the Expo's the price just keeps going down.. and yeah , I think I'm going to get one at the expo in September

22. spaceboy

spaceboy Well-Known Member

Beautiful pics! I wish I had a bigger interest in keeping snakes. I LOVE all reptiles but I've always been more fond of lizards rather than snakes, atleast when it comes to keeping them.

dogking and JEFFREH like this.
  23. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Thanks! = )

I used to be the same way until a few years ago, it was all lizards for me. After getting my boa is was like a cascade effect, I was picking up a new snake or two every month! They are like the lazy man's herp, not nearly as time consuming to care for as most lizards. One feed a week, one poo a week (usually) and change water....thats about the jist of it! Not to mention ball pythons don't require high cost or space housing, very simple needs.

24. Enharmonic

Enharmonic New Member

Does a "normal" ball have a specific morph name?

25. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Nope, they are just called "Normals" plain and simple = )

Although some of the more unique Normals have proved out traits being genetic, often Normals who appear to have a strange pattern or color are called "Dinkers". People will try to hold on to some of their unusual normals in hopes developing a new morph from a dinker project.