So it was arts and crafts night... lol (TONS of pics.. sry)

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by StikyPaws312, May 10, 2006.

1. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Home Depot and lowes (dont know if they have thos in the UK.. sry) both sell sheets of 1 inch styrofoam... or if you bought any products lately that were held in the box with styrofoam you can use that... Thats what I have always used.... the one in the 20 gal is from when I bought computer speakers... these 2 new ones are taken out of a box at work that had had a computer in it... I was going to make little ones out of the styrofoam that came out of the box when i bought my griddle... lol

So pretty muchly any styrofoam u can use.... I have also thought about purely making it out of "great stuff".... for like rocks and such and chisseling out the middle to make it like a cave.... I think that will be my next one... lol. You could also probably make one out of mesh wire and paper mache but I would definately use a sealant over that. You could probably make one out of wood but that would be a lot more work than just using styrofoam... and more expensive.... those are just some ideas off the top of my head... good luck :D

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. BcRoFt

BcRoFt New Member

Just one question; wont the sand on the surface harden with the concrete and hurt their bellies? I know they're very sensivite when it comes to that.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Well the sifted playsand is very fine... and if you put a lot on it will be like a VERY fine grit sandpaper... the more layers you put on the more the concrete will fill in the holes and the less abrasive it will be :)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. BcRoFt

BcRoFt New Member

Thanks for answering that :)

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Fryd

Fryd New Member

looks good! haha some friends of mine have that same Mustang poster!!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Oukan

Oukan Embryo

I have those types of containers that you can slide in and out. I keep some of my geckos in them. They make good cages. Just put a little peice of tape on one side of the lid though to make sure they dont push it open and crawl out.
    Here is one of mine. Holding 13 geckos. (2 babies per each of the 4 smaller ones on top and a gravid female in the first larger one, then a male in the 2nd and the last one has 2 gravid sisters in it.)

[​IMG]

12. Cira

Cira Member

Wow what a great set up!
    Mine are already jealous.

13. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Oukan, yeah thats what i was originally going to do with the drawers... but i have too much junk i needed to put in them, lol. I have all my babies and a couple juvies in steralite containers in a racking system I made.
    ... i havent taken a pic of the racks in a while.. maybe ill do that when i get home tonight if i have time... but here r the pics of the hatchling enclosure (Steralite containers)
    [​IMG]
    that one has my very 1st hatchling in it...

And my juvie containers:
    [​IMG]
    and this one is Aphrodite, a female I had gotten from killergeckos.com

14. wy34football

wy34football New Member

wow nice setup

15. Badger_N

Badger_N New Member

Nice setup.. where did you get those cute little bricks at? ;)

16. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

lol, they actually say "wentworth institute of technology" on the side of them. my college handed them out to all the residents of the new dorm building when it opened... and since i was an RA anyone not in their room when i went to hand them out i kept. So i had like 6 or 7 random tiny bricks laying around.... so i figured... something great to put in the leo cages to help them shed! lol.