Snakes on a Plane

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by mandatorychaos, Aug 26, 2006.

1. mandatorychaos

mandatorychaos Member

Did anyone see it? What did you think?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Just_Some_Guy

Just_Some_Guy Well-Known Member

hahah I've been meaning to start a topic about it. But you got there first.

It was interesting very horrific. Did anyone see the corn snake? I didn't like the fact that they had a really big constrictor and you only saw it once.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. drpainphd

drpainphd Member

I hated that movie. Theres a difference between a movie that's so bad that it rules (ex. evil dead 2) and a movie that's so bad that its just plain stupid (ex. "you got served") I didnt know it was possible but Samuel L. Jackson was actually NOT funny in this movie. it was a typical crappy mainstream teen movie except with an hour of repetative CGI snake attacks instead of a developed story line.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. papercut

papercut Member

I haven't seen it yet but I hear its so bad its good (and besides it couldn't be any worse than 'Bad Moon' is to werewolves lol)

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. mandatorychaos

mandatorychaos Member

The funny thing is, is that if it wasn't called Snakes on a Plane nobody would have been just another typical thriller movie and it would have gone away in a couple of weeks. I did like it better than I thought I would though.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. BloodRainChild

BloodRainChild New Member

i wish they showed more REAL snakes and less of the people...i was so sad when i knew they used about 400 snakes and i saw like 50 at the most... :(

12. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

i have not and probably wont go see it, but does anyone think that this will give snakes even more of a bad name in the view of the general public? Snakes dont just go after people, in fact they hardly do unless you are messing with them... I just feel that this movie will give snakes even more of a bad rep. Oh well, what can u do...

13. Ash19

Ash19 Well-Known Member

Lol apparently Samuel L. Jackson only agreed to be in the movie because of the title :( I haven't seen it yet though, but I planned to. A lot of people I know liked it. It was meant to be a joke movie. So if you take it seriously, of course it's going to be stupid.

StikyPaws, if people would realize that it IS just a movie, and a joke movie at that, they wouldn't give snakes a worse name then they already do. Unfortunately, too many people don't realize it's just a movie.

14. BSB

BSB Well-Known Member

I will most likely rent it when it comes out, and fall asleep half way in :(

15. mandatorychaos

mandatorychaos Member

Actually, they explain in the movie that snakes don't attack people and that the bad guys used a special pheromone to make the snakes go crazy and attack people.

16. sweetergrrrl

sweetergrrrl Embryo

If you do go see it..Think of it as a comedy instead of an action movie and it'll be great for a laugh! :(

17. hornedfrog

hornedfrog Member

I saw it and thought it was hilarious. The whole movie is just ridiculous. I do wish they showed more actual snakes though instead of all that CGI stuff.

18. ArchimedesArtifex

ArchimedesArtifex Member

Re: RE: Snakes on a Plane

This movie was worse than Anaconda.......LOOK OUT KILLER SNAKES!!! ZOMGR1!!!!1111

Except in Anaconda you get to see J-Lo in a wet t-shirt. Other than that the movie sucked.....bad.

19. mandatorychaos

mandatorychaos Member

RE: Re: RE: Snakes on a Plane

Yeah, but at least this was funny where as Anaconda was bad bad.

20. severenecrovomit

severenecrovomit New Member

Re: RE: Snakes on a Plane

hah you sound just like me. I even own a bunch of movies that i've only seen about half of.

21. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

My 11 year old saw it and thought it was great! I will wait and rent it.

22. loyaluntodeath

loyaluntodeath New Member

i cant wait to see it, joke movies are the bomb! @.@;;

23. mandatorychaos

mandatorychaos Member

Have you seen Kung Pow? Best joke movie ever!