Skinny (I think) Uro

Discussion in 'Uromastyx' started by SilverSeven, Sep 12, 2008.

1. SilverSeven

SilverSeven New Member

Hi guys, to start off, I will give you some basic info.

I have had my Mali for about 5 months now, and am keeping her in a modified 90 gallon. She has a basking spot that ranges between 130F and 100F depending on where she is in it. She also has a UV bulb here. Underneath I keep her food dish, which is out of the light of the heatlamps and the UV.

The other end of her tank has a kitty litter pan with washed play sand and a lower temp.

She eats Dandelion, Escarole, Bok Choy, and Endive daily. She also sometimes gets Collard Greens, Alfalfa sprouts, berries, and other fruits. Every second day I give her an icecube (melted down) that contains a mush I made myself (Cactus pear, Spaghetti squash, Butternut squash, sweet potato). She also has a dish of finch seed, and every once in a while I will sprinkle some on her food.

I am looking into getting Mazuri Tortoise Diet and Repashy Uro dust, but currently have neither, so she is getting Calcium and Vitamins on odd days.

She poops regularly and it looks normal (though always has seed in it...is that normal?). She is very active and inquisitve. Her eyes and nostils are clear, and she is always staring at me.

Now onto my problem. To me at least, her belly looks fine size wise. But at the base of her tail, she looks deathly skinny. On the top, I can see her spine. On the botton, it almost looks like it has been vacuum sealed.

My only assumption is she has parasites, though she doesnt seem to be wasting away.

Here are some pics to hopefully give you a better idea. Any help is appreciated.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. ikermalli

ikermalli Well-Known Member

Take your uro to the vet for a check up and see what they have to say, I would help you if I had one, but still haven't gotten one yet.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. MimC

MimC Moderator

I agree she does look a bit thin....parasites would be my first guess, but there could be other factors too....i would find a good reptile vet and get him checked out and have a fecal done :)

Mim