reptiles?

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by jacob #kswag, Nov 21, 2011.

1. jacob #kswag

jacob #kswag New Member

thanks i went to petsmart today and found a 12x12x18 will that be okay? for one crested gecko

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

12x12x18 is just a bit over an 11gallon tank.... Which some people say is good for one crestie... But personally I have all of my reptiles in at least a 20gal tank. So its up to you :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. jacob #kswag

jacob #kswag New Member

what size is a 20g?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. lizardgurl87

lizardgurl87 HOTM Winner April

A 18x18x18 is about a 20G and a 18x18x24 would be a little more than that :)

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. jacob #kswag

jacob #kswag New Member

ik people us this but what do you guys think about using great stuff foam as a back round and covering it in peat moss?

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Ellanah Kirk

Ellanah Kirk New Member

well i like my lizards lol these aren't pictures of mine i'll gut some up soon but here Chinese_Water_Dragon.jpg skink.jpg Chinese_Water_Dragon.jpg

12. Ellanah Kirk

Ellanah Kirk New Member

idk why there are two water dragons tho

13. Eme Demiri

Eme Demiri Member

Is that your water dragon?

14. jacob #kswag

jacob #kswag New Member

she said its not... and yeah i like water dragons too i would get one but they get too big

15. Ellanah Kirk

Ellanah Kirk New Member

no but mine looks exactly like that :) i think it's a girl lol she's so pretty :) how do you tell the sex of the lizard?

16. Ellanah Kirk

Ellanah Kirk New Member

and another question why does Pip, my water dragon she'll sit there with his mouth open and idk why

17. jacob #kswag

jacob #kswag New Member

ellanah idk i dont have one and oh btw last night my mom and bestfriend were talking about chritmas presents and she told him im gonna get the gecko

18. Eme Demiri

Eme Demiri Member

If thats your water dragon in the picture it looks like its a male but it's still too young to tell. As it gets older (if it is a male) the crest on his neck will continue to grow and he will have larger spikes. this wont happen if it is a female. Males will also have a much larger head than a female would.

19. Ellanah Kirk

Ellanah Kirk New Member

YAY my friend Stephony had a crested Gecko... :( but he died not long ago

20. Ellanah Kirk

Ellanah Kirk New Member

haha Pip is going to be a pumpkin head if it's a boy all I kno is the pet store said it was a he but when I looked at pictures all the boys had gigger spines Guess he's just to young right now thank you for the help :)

21. Eme Demiri

Eme Demiri Member

No problemo, but yeah he (or she) is still young lol

22. Ellanah Kirk

Ellanah Kirk New Member

Here is MY Baby right before he shed lol mom took the pic I don't quite know how big they get or there life expectancy but i was told they get around 3 feet

23. Ellanah Kirk

Ellanah Kirk New Member

:)

Attached Files:

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  24. Cammy

Cammy ReptileBoards Addict

Ellanah--Yep, they get around 3 feet long, although some males have gotten up to 4 feet. I believe they live around 12-20 years or so if taken care of properly. Your baby is very cute! =D (Too young to tell on gender still.)

25. Ellanah Kirk

Ellanah Kirk New Member

haha i like ur Beirdi :) OMNOMNOM well it looks like a beirdi Correct me if I'm wrong