Questions about Calcium and Multi-vitamins for Crested

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by Cali, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Cali

Cali Embryo

[They should be fed crickets or baby food dusted with calcium 5-7 times a week when young, and about 3 times a week when adults. They should also be fed a multivitamin supplement that can be dusted onto food items 1-3 times a week for babies and only about once a week or every couple weeks for adults. They should also be fed spirulina and bee pollen once a week mixed with baby food for added nutrients.]

The above is from Jeffreh's care sheet. What brands of calcium and multi-vitamin are preferred for a crestie? Is there a danger of giving too much? If the crestie is eating crested gecko diet, should calcium and multi-vitamins still be added to the crickets and baby food? Thanks for the help.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Cali

Cali Embryo

Should the calcium have D-3 in it? Again, this is in the case of feeding crested gecko diet along with crickets... Thanks.

Has anyone tried Exo Terra Dactylus Aboreal Gecko Food? Is Sandfire better quality?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

I have never tried this food, I'd just stick with Crested Gecko Diet personally.

D3 is not essential and you should not use it as the main calcium supplement. Use a supplement without D3. Rep Cal Herptivite for multivitamin and thier calcium powder without D3 IMO are the best. You can get a D3 calium powder, but dont use it a lot, maybe 1 out of every 5 regualr calium dustings.

I believe Miner-All is another good plain Calcium supplement aswell.