Post your Leo's Tank pix #2

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by iGorx, Mar 14, 2007.

1. lilpup

lilpup New Member

been a while since i've been on. update time. the second level isn't gonna work at this time. tank sits at around low - mid 90s on the hot side. but for some reason, Sally sticks to the middle of the tank in her moist hide. even if it's not moist, she spends almost every hour in that spot. added a waterfall in the one corner now. changed out the blue lights for the red. i'll upload a pic once i take one.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Cookie17

Cookie17 HOTM Winner June

Why a waterfall? leopard geckos are desert animals. :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. lilpup

lilpup New Member

It looks cool. and i catch her at least twice a day either on it or drinking from it. she seems to love it ( when she's out from her hiding spot )

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. lilpup

lilpup New Member

here's an updated look of Sally's tank. just wondering about why she seems to spend all the time in her humid hide. even if it's not humid in there..

Attached Files:

lizardgurl87 likes this.
  8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Cookie17

what are the temps are the warm side and the cool side? use a probe digital thermometer or a temp gun, dial therms and the ones you put on the outside of the tank (like for fish tanks) are NOT accurate

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. lizardgurl87

lizardgurl87 HOTM Winner April

It looks nice! She must be very comfortable in it! :)
    What size is it? and she only likes the humid side? It's weird cause mine mostly likes the dry side :/

12. lilpup

lilpup New Member

She's in a 30 Gal. the temps are good 92 - 94F on the hot side. but she seems to stay in the mid one almost all the time.

13. Cookie17

94 is slightly hot... what are the temps on the cool side? also, she may stay in the hide because of the comfort (maybe she likes the feel of the paper towels or moss or whatever you're using) or maybe the warm side is too hot and the cool side too cold?

14. lilpup

lilpup New Member

last i checked. cool side was around 85. maybe it is the comfort of the hide she likes.

15. Cookie17

85 is too warm for the cool side. it should be in the mid to upper 70s, least I think so. The coolness of the humid hide might be what he/she likes, also if you spray it with tap water that isn't warm, that probably helps him/her keep cooler.

16. tarandrkg

tarandrkg Embryo

17. Hannimal

Hannimal New Member

18. lilpup

lilpup New Member

19. Cherin

Cherin New Member

iGorx., is that tile you're using or is it shelf liner?

20. lilpup

lilpup New Member

it's slate tile. with a thin layer of repti sand under to level the tiles.

21. Cherin

Cherin New Member

So thenn you didn't grout the tiles just set them in there? I'm debating on shelf liner or tiles... that's why I'm asking :)

22. Cookie17

lil pup, the cool side should be in the mid to upper 70s and the warm side should be around 88-90, and 4 degrees CAN make a huge difference. tile looks great! just be careful with the temps, and make sure you have an accurate probe digital thermometer. the dial ones are horrible and the ones for fish tanks measure the temp of the glass, not the air inside.
    hope this helps :)

23. lilpup

lilpup New Member

it's currently at 88 on the warm side, digital therm on the tile. i'd prefer the temp up a bit more, but right now no way of getting it higher, no grout, just layed in, slightly rounded the edges to get rid of the sharp edges. i have only the red lights on. think i may need to add one more to bump the temps up to the 90s

24. Cookie17

I didn't grout my tile, got the right size so they fit snug; and 88 is perfect. you can't really get a higher wattage bulb without upping the temp too high... you could try to move the bulb an inch or so closer

25. lilpup

lilpup New Member

too much closer, would make getting the lid off a bit of a pain. so i hope the temp is fine. hope to have new occupant in this weekend.