Post your Bearded Dragon tank pictures :)

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by JocelynAndTwizzle8011, Jun 17, 2010.

1. JocelynAndTwizzle8011

JocelynAndTwizzle8011 Embryo

ill be getting a beardie soon, and would like to look at some tank pictures please :p

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. stacesam1

stacesam1 Member

Hi and welcome to the board. Congratulations on your potential new dragon. It will be a very exciting time for you and for the little dragon too!!!!

I want to stress how important it is to do your homework before buying your dragon. The look of a tank is not nearly important as the size and substrate you decide to use.

Please make sure that when you get your tank, it is large enough. You can start off with a 55 gallon but your dragon will grow very very rapidly and will outgrow his/her tank probably within a 4-5 month span. The ideal size would be 48-24-24.

Also heating as well.. make sure you have the proper UVB and heat sourse... Mercury vapor bulbs are great because its liek a "2 in one" bulb.. giving you the heat the dragon needs along with the UVB.

Vitamins as well Multi vites 2x a week and calcium with D3 5x a week.

No loose substrate... tile or non-adhesive shelf liner is good.. easy to clean as well.

Pin head crickets are good for babies... and larger ones for adults... make sure that the cricket does not exceed the space between the dragons eyes. Feed all he/she can eat in about 10 minutes a few times a day until it reaches adult age.

Vegis need to be fed as well daily, sprikle with calcium or vites.

I also noticed that you have a gecko. Very different husbandry than a dragon.. as geckos, to my knowledge are nocturnal. Bearded dragons are like us, they need a sleep schedule..A timer for your lights would be good too... lights come on in the am and off 11-12 hours later.. every day. This will get him on a schedule and better adapted. Also, they do not need a night light.. total darkness and cool temps will help him develope and grow... (cool meaning, temps not to drop below 65F).

I know you didnt ask for all this information and only to look at what other peoples set up was... so sorry for the ramble.. I just think its important to have all aspects of your set up, not just the esthetics of it down pat before getting your dragon.

Good luck and keep us posted.

S

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. JocelynAndTwizzle8011

JocelynAndTwizzle8011 Embryo

Thanks for the info, ill be using reptile carpet, i have a 40 gallon for the first few monthes, but will be upgrading to a 75 gallon. And Ill keep everyone posted :p

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. spaceboy

spaceboy Well-Known Member

Is anyone going to post their tank pictures? I'm curious too :p I can post a couple of my tank.
    I've gotten some negative comments on my setup before, people saying he should have a long tank instead of a high. I'm planning of getting him a new tank thats long instead of high when I get money, but everybody probably knows its not that cheap :( He is fine in this tank though, he is healthy and happy and eating like a pig.
    Please feel free to give me pointers on the setup, but please be constructive and not just inpolite.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. stacesam1

stacesam1 Member

[​IMG]

This was taken about 1 year ago... or so.. I have modified it a bit since then.. but this is the general idea.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. spaceboy

spaceboy Well-Known Member

It looks nice, don't you have a bigger pic of it? :(

12. stacesam1

stacesam1 Member

Thanks, we love this tank... we bought it from ShowCase Cages in CA. Sorry, no I dont have a larger photo, however if you want to go on the website where we bought it you can see better photos of each size they carry.

13. JocelynAndTwizzle

JocelynAndTwizzle New Member

those are nice tanks