Please Help To Identify

Discussion in 'General Snakes' started by HyperToViper, Nov 4, 2008.

1. HyperToViper

HyperToViper Embryo

I'm not sure what kind of snake this is, I got it from a friend who got it for free, and was told it was a African Rock Python. The pictures I have looked up of African Rock Pythons look nothing like this snake. It is very aggressive and has a relatively small neck for the size of it's body. It is about 6' long, I am not sure if it was wild or captive as the guy my friend got it from knew little of it. Here are some pictures I took today, if you need any more specific photographs let me know the angles and I will try to do my best.

Thanks in advance,

Picture 1
    Picture 2
    Picture 3
    Picture 4

P.S;
    I posted this in the photo section, so my apology

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. justkev

justkev Hi :) Staff Member

Looks like a Cooks Tree Boa.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. HyperToViper

HyperToViper Embryo

I've been reading up and is there anyway to tell if this is a true cooks tree boa or a Grey Garden Shade Amazon Tree Boa..

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. patfusster

patfusster Embryo

I agree with justKev, this is a Cook's or Amazon Tree Boa. They are nasty tempered and handling like will not help...
    Just an FYI. Keep it in high humidity and give it a branch to hang on and it should do great. The good news
    is they don't get large so you will not need a large enclosure like you would have for the Rock Pyhton.

It is definitely a far cry from what your friend thought it was...