please help me! im panicked

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by gasparisvaladis, Jul 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gasparisvaladis

gasparisvaladis Embryo

:shock: i bought my baby iguana a couple of months ago. THE PET SHOP GAVE ME (bad) INFORMATION ABOUT IT!!! :!:

They just told me feed it a couple of foods and give it Vitamins in *every single meal*!!! I was lucky to find info on the internet especially from melisa's great site.

BUT IM PANICKDED>>>>Its only 27 centimetres long (centimetres not inches) Shouldnt it be 27 inches or sthing? I dunno! IM AFRAID ITS ALL MY FAULT! :?

Is it wrong i only givve to it lettuce and a couple of other foods? IT IS FREE IN MY ROOM! DOES THAT ENSURE I WONT HAVE PROBLEM WITH EGGS AND STUFF? :shock:

WHAT CAN I DO! I WANT TO SEE IT BIG! Is it ok its only 27 centimetres long? at least Im lucky i live in greece where we have high temperatures but it seems that im not doin things right.

Please help me! Thanks, Valentine, A Panicked Owner :cry:

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. slimmy

slimmy Member

what kind of Iguana is it?
    some Iquanas grow to 3'-4', Green Iguanas can grow up to 6', but there are some that only grow to 10"up to 17".

they live anywhere up to 15-20 yrs, but i don't know how fast they grow

and i believe they all need uvb, with yours being so small maybe you should have himher in an enclosure & make sure uvb 5% is available to him/her. and make sure you include calcium in the diet.

good luck with your Iguana.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. gasparisvaladis

gasparisvaladis Embryo

thanks my friend.

i really dunno what kind of iguana it is. I hope its wot you say and that it's small size is normal. Isnt it enouf it is on direct sunlight a couple of hours a day? my rooms temperature is about 28-35 so i think its ok for it. it sleeps at the top of the curtain where it always has 30.

but i will get uvb light as you advice me. i dont think its convenient to close her somewhere ill just leave her in a cloth under the light

But tell me, isnt high temperature and direct sunlight an hour or two every day, enouf????

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Freaky_pete

Freaky_pete Well-Known Member

If you post a pic people here might be able to figure it out... But if its green its the common Green iguana

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. gasparisvaladis

gasparisvaladis Embryo

it is green

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

then it can be a common green which it most likely is or it can still be another type what other colors is it? and do you have a pic to post?

12. gasparisvaladis

gasparisvaladis Embryo

my iguna is like this. [​IMG]

13. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

Green Iguanas need a varied diet. This includes, mustard greens, collard greens, dandelion greens, turnip greens, a variety of low acid fruits. Lettuce has no nutritive benefits since it is mostly water. If your iguana is getting sunlight a few hours a day, and is receiving vitamins in it's food about once a week, then it may not need a uvb light source. It's size may be due to it's age. It may simply be a baby and with time and a proper diet it will grow. I would encourage you to build it a cage however, and no a free-roaming iguana is not safe from becoming egg-bound (if it is a female).
    That said, this thread wreaks of troll. And if that's the case, it will be deleted. Let just make sure that when we post, we're not wasting other people's time that they could be using to really help people.

14. gasparisvaladis

gasparisvaladis Embryo

Thanks a lot Mr Admin! A last question :shock:
    Could you please tell me a couple of full salad examples to use in daily base because telling me mustard greens and all that stuff doesnt really make sense to me im not an english or american person and i dunno the categories.

Thank you very much! :?

15. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

About 60-70% of the diet should be fresh, leafy greens. Just tear them up into bite-size pieces and put them in the food bowl. The fruit should be cut up or mashed. I can't really say how big his meal should be, just start with a small bowl or 'salad' and see what he does with it.

16. gasparisvaladis

gasparisvaladis Embryo

Thanks a lot. Im an absolute beginner thats why i know so **** stuff about iguanas. Ill try make your advices a reality :wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.