Please help chinese water dragon won't eat

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by lizardlover1019, Jun 30, 2005.

1. lizardlover1019

lizardlover1019 Embryo

Somone please help me my water dragon hasn't eaten in 4 days and I am very worried , he's not looking so good . I was told before that he was just about to shed and to mist him 3 or more times a day but he's not shedding and he still isn't eating. I'm not sure what to do , should I take him to the vet ? Can somone help me out , I don't want anything to happen to my baby boy (he's not a baby but any one with a pet knows what I mean).

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Member

Ok first things first. Substrate, temps, behaviour (lethargic, alert, etc), any cuts or bumps, how old, kept separate? These might help us to get to the bottom of it.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. DaremoAlpha

DaremoAlpha Member

3-4 days of not eating is normal with dragons from time to time. Describe anything out of normal to us that might give a clue, like how dull and brownish the skin is and does he have a good place to swim/soak? He may still be getting ready to shed but the skin just has not started to split yet. Get some shed aid and spray him then gently massage it in DO NOT pick at or pull skin as it can damage the new stuff underneath.

Give us more information but if your really worried then a vet visit is always the best answer eh.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. lizardlover1019

lizardlover1019 Embryo

He has astroterf in the bottom of his cage . normal temp in the 80's . He has been jumping around his cage like crazy and due to that he has a sore on his mouth . He is 1 year old and kept seperate. He is brown in color and has a place to soak .

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Member

The sore on his mouth might have put him off. It might have given him a bit of a shock so he's taking a little while to get over it. Keep offering different food items and if he's still not right soon take him to the vet, or take him to the vet if there's a sudden decline or if you're really worried. You know your pet best.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. DaremoAlpha

DaremoAlpha Member

Try offering some turkey baby food since it is mashed already and flavoured many people have said it has been working good for them.