Plants or Shelves?

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by Karlee, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Karlee

Karlee Member

Hi I want to know which one would be better for them to climb on, shelves that connect to each other from vines (my original idea) or fake trees that tower up. I am trying to lean onto three factors: stability, keeping claw length down, and money wise. I will still decorate the cage with a vast amount of fake plants and a few branches but I want to know which is better and cheaper. The cage is 5 1/2 feet tall, 2 feet wide, and 4 feet long. I made it those dimensions so it could fit in the doorway. And also will those dimensions be good enough for two adults? I have been searching on these two topics FOREVER but have found nothing.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Louie

Louie Member

Looking at iguana enclosures and bearded dragon enclosures , shelves are a good way to give lot's more room without taking up space.

I use them for my snakes.

Shelves also allow the animal to stretch out and bask near the light. Shelves can be connected with branches or simple plywood ramps or beams.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Karlee

Karlee Member

Thanks. I will use fake vines to connect them since they enjoy climbing on them. I will put some branches across their cage as well but maybe only one (except for leverage in and out of their "pool").