Philly Reptile Show, and tegu info needed.

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by narfdanarf, Nov 3, 2004.

1. narfdanarf

narfdanarf Embryo

Anyone plan on going to the big reptile show in Philly on the 13th, 14th? It is going to be my first show, I'm thinking about buying a tegu if they have one up there that I like. Any info on what kind of tegu to get or what I should look out for or how much should I expect to pay? I'm excited...I hope it's cool, I'm driving like 5.5 hours to get there :shock:

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. KaMiKaZeE

KaMiKaZeE Member

The argentine black and whites are usually regarded as the tamest tegus, and they're beautiful too so I'd try for one of those. Blues are also quite nice, and considerably rarer. Coloumbians are not as good because they tend to have nasty tempers compared to other tegus. Reds if you can find one are nice, but not much of a looker and they get sick easily if not cared for properly. The biggest tegu con-artist scam is to sell cheap coloumbian tegus as argentine black and whites to unsuspecting customers, so make sure you know which is which. Here is an excerpt from a tegu breeder which might help:

[​IMG]