Next Size Up

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by Cookie17, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Cookie17

Cookie17 HOTM Winner June

My two crested geckos are each in their own small kritter keepers turned on their side. Ink is the smaller of the two, and s/he is approximately 2.5 inches S/V and approximately 3.5" S/T. Van is the larger of the two (by default lol) and is approximately 3" S/V and 4" S/T. They've been in small KK since I got them. My question is, how big should they be before I move them into the 12 x 12 x 12 exo terra's I have? Do you think they are big enough to go into them now?
    Also, they are fed CGD supplemented twice a week with vitamin spray and they get calcium dusted crickets 2 times a week, but they usually only eat them once a week. They eat about 4 smalllllllllllllll crickets each. Ink is the pickier of the two, and s/he doesn't like crickets as much as Van, who also likes to eat roaches sometimes. Because they don't eat the crickets often, I put a little bit of calcium powder in with their CGD 2 x a week. They won't eat fruit, even when it's in the same bowl as their CGD. They avoid it like the plague. I know Ink has shed at least twice since i got him/her and I know Van has shed once. I don't know how many times they've actually shed, but they don't seem to grow very fast. Not fast compared to my leopard geckos. Are they growing fine? I am slightly worried because I am still fairly new to cresties and I want to make sure I'm feeding them right...
    Also, since they are fed out of a bowl and put in a separate container for feeding crickets, when can I use eco earth for substrate? I want to set up a more natural looking terrarium for them.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    This is Van's enclosure:
    [​IMG]

and Van when I got him/her
    [​IMG]

Ink's enclosure: (top view, small KK) (April 24th)
    [​IMG]

And Ink (May 23rd)
    [​IMG]

Also, what size/age should they be sexable at?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Cookie17

Cookie17 HOTM Winner June

little bump...