New pics of my enclosures...

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by jrobinson, Dec 3, 2004.

1. jrobinson

jrobinson New Member

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Great enclosure, but could you please limit your images in size to 640 pixels along their longest edge, or post them as links instead of displaying directly in the posts, we do have dialup & low-resolution users to consider here :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. DaCubs

DaCubs Well-Known Member

I really like that mangrove root thing you have in the back of the leo tank over the water dish. Really cool! I'm assuming it's fake, where did you get it?
    Is that your humid hide in the corner under the leaves? I need to do something with mine, so I'm checking out other people's for ideas.
    Great setups!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. mythdragonlover

mythdragonlover Well-Known Member

Nice setups! Love the leo and beardie tank. But I hope you know what you're risking with all that sand...

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Glendappp

Glendappp Embryo

Please tell me where you got the mangrove root. The in/out rock
    is really a creative touch, too. Did you make it, or purchase it ? Thanks for sharing. Glenda

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. JStrider

JStrider Member

look really good...

what size is that leo enclosure? looks a lot longer then my 20L ... but could just be the angle....

12. BD59602

BD59602 New Member

amazing.. absolutely amazing...
    those are some of the better enclosures i have ever seen. especially the beardy cage, that just looks really cool

13. DirtySoap

DirtySoap New Member

i have that rock thing on my leo tank too! the cave thing. my leos luv it and i think they luv it too much. but since it winter it probly warmeest place 4 them. it partially barried on my substrate over the heat pad so it insulates heat.

14. Legacy_Reptiles

Legacy_Reptiles New Member

What are the risks with sand? What if its the sand immatation made with Ground English Walnut Shells?
    Its edible I mean.

But Awesome Enclosures~!

15. TáriStar

TáriStar Well-Known Member

I am drooling over your beardie enclouser. ::drools more:: its amazing

16. Albino_Hendrix

Albino_Hendrix Embryo

petsmart

you can purchase that mangrove root thing at petsmart..i never thought to put it in my lizard's cages but i put it in my fish full of sweet african chiclids

17. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

The walnut shells are NOT edible...

Walnut shell causes many impactions in bearded dragons, especially younger ones. It's becoming as big a problem as calci-sand.

If you're going to use sand, just use washed playsand from Home Depot. It's only $3 for a 50lb bag, and is MUCH safer than any of the pet store particulate substrates - the risk of impaction is ALWAYS there though with any particulate substrate, so just use caution.

Our adults get a sand-pit. They don't have their entire enclosure filled with sand. about 2/3rds of each enclosure is shelf liner or carpet, and they have a sand-pit. That way, there's a much reduced risk of them getting sand on their salads, and ingesting it along with the food. We don't allow anybody younger than 12 months old to have access to sand.

18. Saltydog88

Saltydog88 Embryo

walnut shells have sharp edges that can cut the internal walls of the stomach and intestines.

19. MichaelM

MichaelM New Member

I really like that beardie cage that is absolutley amazing! That gave me a idea to do that now since its alot less expensive then a big aquarium.

20. jmphysics101

jmphysics101 New Member

Did you use live philodendron in the beardiees cage or is that fake? It looks great

21. ieatglue742

ieatglue742 New Member

size

how big are the Uromastyx and Leo enclosures?