My Gecko hasnt eaten in a week!

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by Sidney, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Sidney

Sidney Embryo

So I noticed one of my female leopard geckos wont eat. She use to be a pig! And now I can't get her to eat anything. I offer her crickets, mealworms, and superworms. I use a tongs and even put them in her face.. She use to eat from me all the time.

I have 3 females in a 20 gallon long. I have 3 hides on the warm side and a cool hide. The other two eat perfectly fine, especially one of them, she is like a pig, literally. I noticed each gecko stays in their own hide, every now and then two of them share. The gecko that won't eat ( Clementine ) always stays in the moist hide that's towards the warm side, but closer to the middle. She almost never leaves unless I take her out. Clementine shed just over a week ago and hasn't eaten since. During her prievous shed she ate before, during, and after her shed. So I find it weird she wont eat now. I have tile as the substrate. Warm side varies from 85-92. Cool side is in mid 70's. Her tail has always been a little small to begin with, but I haven't really noticed it shrunken anymore since she denied food. I'm just worried about her... Anyone suggestions would be appreciated.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Sidney

Sidney Embryo

I always cover my crickets with calcium with d3 with every feeding. Which is every other day. Could this be the problem? I thought d3 was suppose to be good for geckos? I just ordered some calcium online without d3.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Godzillagecko

Godzillagecko Member

20 gallon tank for 3 females is to small. Minimum requirments for 1 leo is 20 gallons (its been updated on other forums) Just because they are 3 females doesn't mean they won't bully each other. Each female should have their own hide. So that means a total of 9 hides. 3 warm, 3 cool and 3 moist. One of the other females could bully her and its starting to show. It happens its not recommended and whoever told you its ok needs a lesson in Reptiles. If it was your petshop well thats probably why. Separate them into their own enclosures and things will adjust accordingly.

StikyPaws312 likes this.