my corn regurgetated his food...HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by eunice, Nov 8, 2004.

1. eunice

eunice Embryo

I fed my baby corn snake a pinky which it seemed to have no problem eating....then like 3 days later acter like 2 poops it regurgetated the pinky or what was left of it which was half or so into the cage and now it looks thin??? What would cause this to throw its food back up after 3 days? I put another pinky in there but not ate yet. I was wondering what is going on also, it has pooped since so i am sooo confused it has been acting A ok all this time until this incident tonite. Please help if you can.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. BabyFirefly

BabyFirefly New Member

you should never handle a snake while he is still digesting his food. it is normal for them to puke it back up. i am not sure if he should have thrown it back up after 3 days though.. how small is your corn snake? if his stomach is that sensitive he may not feel that great. if he eats again i would definately let him be for a few more days... maybe even contact a reptile vet in your area.

edited to find out:

what are the temps in the tank? if it isnt hot enough for him to digest that could also be part of it.