Leopard gecko won't eat crickets

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by Woody899, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Woody899

Woody899 Embryo

Hi there, I've recently just got 2 leopard geckos, from what I've seen and been told they have been fed crickets and the occasional waxworm since they've been born, after getting home and setting up etc I didn't feed them as they had just been fed at the shop and I didn't want to stress them out with a new surrounding and food at the same time, I fed them both crickets the next day and all was normal ( this was on the Saturday )
    I went to feed them on the sunday, one ate 4 out of the 6 I put in and the other didn't eat one
    I've come to feed them again today, ( Tuesday ) again one ate 2 out of the 3 I put in and the other one nothing, I've given him 2 wax worms which he ate fine, but he won't eat the crickets, I don't want to keep feeding him the wax worms as I hear they are very high in fat, but that's all he will eat, I've even tried holding a cricket with tweezers and he doesn't want it, this next bit may sound cruel but I am worried about him, I pulled off 2 of the crickets legs so he couldn't run away and it would make it easier for the gecko, the cricket was in a corner, the gecko was right in front of it, it even touched it with it's nose and then just walked off. Can anyone help or explain please.