important! can bearded dragons see colours?

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by Scales2500, Dec 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheriS

CheriS Is well known here

Scales2500

Anotehr idea with colors is to step colored lights of the saem watt over identical basking spots out side their cage and see which they go to like a red, clear, white and blue light (if you only have two lgiht domes you can do ytwo at a time til you have done all the colors) and see which they perfer to bask under and you can also use different UVB lights too like a low UVB ESU lgiht opposed to a higher producing ReptiSun tube or a MVB like a MegaRay. I know what their reaction will be to each as we and A world wide UVB testing group have done studies on those and they will make very distinct responses to those colors lights and UVB ranges since they see color and also into the UVB ranges that humas can not.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. WTFbbqSnake

WTFbbqSnake Member

I'm the type of person that needs proof. That's the only way I work.

Plus. I didn't need a whole novel to freakin read. All I needed was a simple yes or no answer. Either you have the info or it's not availible

* post edited by moderator combine serial post, the content was not chamgrf from the original

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. CheriS

Nothng wrong with that, thats why learning to use a search engine would benefit you a lot, not only in this question, but you life too.
    Well now we know why you want someone else to do the work for you if you think my response was more information than you want to deal or can deal with and its was a novel!!!! The scientific proof would overwhelm you

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime."
    Chinese Proverb

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. TáriStar

TáriStar Well-Known Member

/huggles cheri

--

Now, my 2cents.

bearded Dragons do respond to colors, Yavie likes when i wear red/pink during the winter-- but not summer (she will migrate to my head insted of my shoulder) and she perfers to be on darker colors in the summer like a black or dark blue tee (she'll sit inbetween my cleavage)

She also perfers red food over green, and green over pink yellow over pink but pink over brown (I have done my own food tests with her)

and WTFbbqSnake: when i get my degree in veterinary technology and then my reptile and exotic certification-- biolody BS and all that... total about another 10-15 years and get to do an indepth study on their eyes (which I want to be after my work into Adenovirus) Another 5-10 years i'll get you your proof-- for now get off your behind and research research research-- so when you go to college you have something to write about in biology.

and that ladies and mates is my famous 1,000th post :)

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. CheriS

LMAO Congrats on 1000 quality posts!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. WTFbbqSnake

WTFbbqSnake Member

I was going to post something but I'd get kicked off the forums if I posted it. So I won't.

12. dna_splice

dna_splice Member

"if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all"
    good call chief.

anyway i noticed that Ryuu my BD doesn't like RED. i tried to bathe her in a red tub. and she juss kept on trying to get out. next day i put a blue towel at the bottom of the sink w/out the red tub. she was noticeably more calm. i dont know if it was juss her mood that day, or what. but the blue works.

haha also. if we acctually had 2 cents for everyones "two cents" on this topic. we would have about 22 cents haha. yay!.. -______-'

13. TáriStar

TáriStar Well-Known Member

::huggles DNA::

Yavie tends to like darker reds (like her maroon towel) over bloody reds.

The best type of trial for you to run Scales would be a colored food trial. (Try something not smelly like pellets)

If you don't mind me asking, what grade is this for?

14. WTFbbqSnake

WTFbbqSnake Member

That's interesting. Why do some like one color and not another, then the next BD the complete opposite? Kindof a rhetorical question though.

15. SpiderQueen

SpiderQueen Member

HEY WTFbbgsnake.........

How DARE you talk to Cheri that way! Calling yourself a SNAKE gives the real honest snakes of this world a BAD name!

How DARE you talk to ANYONE here that way!!

YOU asked the QUESTION so everyone ANSWERED...you wasted our time and the education & experience of the Moderators of this site.

Why dont you go back to YAHOO CHAT and be rude THERE.

P.S. AND do your research on your OWN you uneducated little S**T
    THBBBBBBBBT :)
    LISA
    :x

16. WTFbbqSnake

WTFbbqSnake Member

No comment.

17. SpiderQueen

SpiderQueen Member

I DIDNT THINK SO

18. CheriS

People do not get kicked off here for speaking their mind when something is factual and obvious to everyone else..... people get kicked off forums for contantly causing problems, whether those are highjacking threads to get attention, posting bad or poor information, posting all over the place trying to stir up things or posting where my moderators have to keep deleting them or moving them to a private area. I know you know what I mean... just so that is clear to you.

19. ChristyBug

ChristyBug Member

I don't think it's a rhetorical question at all. I think beardies are much like people in that they have different tastes and preferences even personalities for that matter. I'm not trying to anthropomorphize beardies by any means, but I can be the first to attest just how different different beardie personalities can be.

Bella has a very standoffish personality and it's only on a very rare occasion that she will let me hold her for more than 5 minutes. She much prefers her own space, where I hear other owners on this site talking about how theirs snuggle with them all the time. She will only snuggle up with me if I'm wearing a certain colour.. Bella just loves it when I wear Pink, she'll actually try to take a snack on my shirt and then will settle down quite comfortably and take a nap, but if I'm wearing bright yellow, red or even black she freaks out and will not come anywhere near me. My friend's beardie is the opposite - he loves it when she wears black and has problems with reds pinks and purples.

Really I do think it has a lot to do with the particular preference of the beardie. It's probably along the same lines as their preferences in what they eat - some love squash and collards for example, and some don't.

WTFbbqSnake - I do need to point out that even being passive aggressive on this forum can really rub people the wrong way, though you didn't directly say anything your comment about not posting something can, as you have now experienced, be just as insulting as saying what's truly on your mind. Just remember that most of the people on this forum are very knowledgable on the subject of bearded dragons and can give you more information on them than you can ever imagine. Any information they may give you comes from the heart and they simply want to make sure you get the answers you seek. I know my Bella probably wouldn't be alive right now if it weren't for the amazing fountain of knowledge these wonderful people have.

No harm, no foul OK?

20. SpiderQueen

SpiderQueen Member

Very well said, Christybug. And might I may add, a whole lot more ladylike than I. :|
    I just dont understand someone asking for help and then trashing on the help offered.
    Lisa

21. SpiderQueen

SpiderQueen Member

And I truely apologize if my opinions offended anyone. I should keep my feelings to myself, this forum is about bearded dragons, not thier owners.
    Lisa

22. WTFbbqSnake

WTFbbqSnake Member

Christybug, your response was the best response I recieved. Everyone else just tried to jump on me about my question. But enough of this. It's not that big of a deal to me.

CheriS: Yeah I know what you mean. I told Clementine that I was going to try to stop being an ***hole. This will take some time.

SpiderQueen: I don't own a Bearded Dragon. Thought that was obvious when I posted what I did.

23. SpiderQueen

SpiderQueen Member

Quite frankly, the apology wasnt for you, I thought THAT was obvious :wink:
    Lisa

24. WTFbbqSnake

WTFbbqSnake Member

I didn't say it was. I know it wasn't.

25. kephy

kephy Moderator

Is this thread serving any purpose anymore? If it's just gonna be bickering back and forth, I can close it so we can all move on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.