I cant decide!!

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by Ryan1990, Aug 18, 2006.

?

Which to get?

1. *

Blue tongue sking

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. *

Water dragon

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. *

Ackie

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. *

Desert iggy

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  5. *

Leopard lizard

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  6. *

Crestie

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Ryan1990

Ryan1990 Well-Known Member

So basically I have been wanting to get something new for ages now but simply cant decide on what to get :?
    I was considering a bosc monitor but after looking into what pets you are aloud in university (UK version of college) and an 8 x 4 tank wouldn't be aloud! lol
    Basically I am looking for a freindly, handleable lizard that is fun to watch ect...
    So if you could vote in my poll and tell me why you chose that lizard (and if poss some care info) if you think there is a lizard I missed off the poll can you let me know :D

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. stevenk

stevenk Embryo

i'd recommend the skink because it's easy to care for and very personable. any of those that you listed would make a good pet.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Ryan1990

I am really thinking about a BTS now :D
    Thats the problem... they all make great pets so thats why it so hard to choose lol! I just wish I could have them all!!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. stevenk

stevenk Embryo

i know i have the same problem when deciding what to get next haha, it always takes me a long time to decide.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Just_Some_Guy

Just_Some_Guy Well-Known Member

Another lizard ryan. I'm so jealous. I would say cresties are good. Get a trio there pretty easy to breed and there great to watch and play with.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. shortygirl

shortygirl Well-Known Member

You know me...gotta vote for the water dragon lol.

~Michelle

12. Just_Some_Guy

Whats a ackie?

13. Ryan1990

An ackie is part of the monitor family, its quite a small one and I know about its care, feeding, tank requirements but I am curious as to how freindly or skittish it is as I am REALLY after a nice freindly lizard :)
    Royal Family...you say your jealous.. lol! you have more than me! just takes me ages to decide on what to get so it seems like I am getting lots (deciding on something then changing my mind! lol)

14. OG

OG New Member

whats a desert iggy look like?

15. Ryan1990

16. Just_Some_Guy

There SO cool

17. Mellowman

Mellowman New Member

Re: RE: I cant decide!!

ackies are suposed to be very very tame but they pack a bit of a price tag

18. Ryan1990

RE: Re: RE: I cant decide!!

I dont mind about paying a lot... I have seen them going for about £150 - £300 over here in the UK but I dont mind paying that if I like the lizard.
    Has anyone kept ackies... if so what can you guys say about there temperment??

19. Mellowman

Mellowman New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: I cant decide!!

a few of my friends have them. ive never been bit handling them. ive never seen them snap at anything but food. every time i go over they seem to want out. they dont get overly big either so i think id recomend the ackie.

20. OG

OG New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: I cant decide!!

thats really cool......ide get an iggy hands up.how much u think they go for in the us?

21. jesterkazuzi

jesterkazuzi New Member

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: I cant decide!!

Ryan,
    what about Basalisk? I like watching them in pet stores, they look like a raptors from Jurassic park ha ha but because i got no experience with lizards i have decided to go for beardie ;o) no regrets lol my little one is stunning!!!

22. Mellowman

Mellowman New Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: I cant decide!!

what about a frilled dragon it looks like the one that attacks the guy who plays newman

23. Ryan1990

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: I cant decide!!

LoL!! I would love one of either of those lizards... I could give them everything they need but I'm sure they are quite skittish at the least and maybe even moody. I currently have a leopard gecko and a collard lizard so I have a collard lizard which I cant hold and a leopard gecko which I never see! lol so I a basically want an active and freindly lizard :(

24. jesterkazuzi

jesterkazuzi New Member

Basilisks are friendly! i been told you can tame them in same way as beardies :( Have you ever visited Wharf aquatics? http://www.wharfaquatics.co.uk/
    Pinxton store is one i go to :) you got to be carefull coz there is a bloke there who hasnt got a clue about things and he put me off that petshop big time lol but rest of people working there are really friendly so i just dont ask him for help if he is round ha ha
    I wasnt sure what to get but at the end i decided to take home little beardie who kept squashing his nose against glass when i was trying to make up my mind lol
    and it was a good choice! Its funny to watch him doing silly things in viv and its great when he is walking allover me and trying to pick bits up with his tongue o)

25. Mellowman

Mellowman New Member

ive been told by some people that frilled dragons are freindly but not in the way that they want to be handled but friendly in the way that they like running after you or running in general but id still say an ackie