Humid hides and sharpie?

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by turtledark, Feb 11, 2012.

1. turtledark

turtledark Embryo

I wanted to create a humid hide for my snake to help with the humidity in the tank. I plan on decorating it to help with the aesthetics of it and give him the privacy he may want to actually use it however I want to make sure I'm not going to poison him in the process. Are Sharpie markers safe once dried when used for something like that?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Reid

Reid Banned

I don't know, but I wouldn't think so. Even when dry those things give off one hell of a strong odor.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Cammy

Cammy ReptileBoards Addict

I agree, sharpie ink is very pungent and can't be too good for any animal's sensitive respiratory tract. What are you using to make the hide? I'm sure we can come up with a way to make it more aesthetically pleasing. =)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Reid

Reid Banned

I know what you mean about humid hide's being ugly though. I made plenty threads asking how to make it look better. I finally ended up getting some Polystyrene and making a hide of my own that could fit a bowl inside it. Check out my pictures on my "My 29gallon tanks and it's beautifulness" thread. You can see it, it's the big black cave looking thing.