hey everyone need some setup help for a crested

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by 4LC4PON3, Feb 26, 2010.

1. 4LC4PON3

4LC4PON3 Embryo

i have a Self built Setup that i want to use for a Crested Gecko. This set up is Large 24 inches tall, but im concerned about Heat. they say a crested should have 74-84 temps. we keep are home 72 but it feels colder then that so im thinking a Small Heat lamp.

Looking for opinions.

here is my setup. This setup is self built and VERY Stable. The screen at the top of the cage is going to be Secured with a Lock system so you can lock and unlock it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

im not 100% finished with the setup yet the ducktape above is just there covering nail holes n such till i get this fully finished. i plan on sanding it down some and im going to Finish the wood Cherry.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Bryan

Bryan Well-Known Member

Temps here have been cold this year (for FL).
    Cage temps have been as low as 64°F overnight, and as low as 69°F during the day, for two or three days in a row, but then daytime temps get back into the mid 70's for a few weeks.
    On these cold days, we see little activity, and no food is eaten, but once the temp rises, it's back to usual... a natural reptile response to the cold.

Remember these "recommended temp ranges" are based on average temps, so actual acceptable temps can be higher and lower, just so long as they're not for extended periods.