Help!

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by IvoryR, Jul 17, 2013.

1. IvoryR

IvoryR Embryo

My Leopard Gecko Sparx isn't eating. she recently laid eggs and since then she's shed once and hasn't eaten anything. She was fat and doing well before laying the eggs. Now she almost looks like the pictures of leopards with crypto. I've tried all kinds of feeders and nothing seems to get her to wake up. The only time she moves is to move from the hotter side (92) to the cool side (78). I'm not sure what to do here and every vet I've called in my area doesn't handle reptiles and doesn't know any that do.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. tokaygirl55

tokaygirl55 New Member

It doesn't seem extreme yet, but try putting plenty of calcium dust on her food and maybe attempt to force feed her gently. Eggs take a lot of fat and calcium out of them. Check the vent to make sure there is nothing stuck and check to make sure all the eggs came out. Some pictures would also probably help.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. IvoryR

IvoryR Embryo

I lost her about a week ago. I've seperated all three of my males from all my females I'm not willing to try and breed again :(

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. tokaygirl55

tokaygirl55 New Member

I'm so sorry! D; I don't plan on breeding mine either too much of a risk... I'm sorry about you're loss... ;(

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. IvoryR

IvoryR Embryo

Thanks. Yea I was breeding her to a mack snow male trying to come up with new colors but her eggs didn't make it either

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Tim3skimo

Tim3skimo New Member

Sorry IvoryR, my friend has lost a female too after her laying eggs.

12. Amelia

Amelia New Member

That really stinks I am so sorry for your loss.