Havent been on in a while LOTS of tokay pics!

Discussion in 'Tokay Geckos' started by Paul_Dominic, May 21, 2008.

1. Paul_Dominic

Paul_Dominic Embryo

Here she is, she was very thin but has fattened up and her colours have gotten alot better

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More in next post!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Paul_Dominic

Paul_Dominic Embryo

Here is my favourite shot:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. brendywendy

brendywendy Well-Known Member

beautiful looking dudette

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. geckonewbie

geckonewbie New Member

Wow hes got alot of blue in him. My tokay had some blue but it didn't look that blue. Nice tokay!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. drseuss727

drseuss727 New Member

Beautiful! My son wants a tokay, but I heard they are pretty mean- what is your opinion?

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. MimC

MimC Moderator

Gorgeous!!!

Makes me really miss my Tokay :)

And yes, Drseuss, they are usually mean, or at least they are a "hands off" gecko...they are awesome geckos if you want a hardy, larger, beautiful gecko that is fun to observe. If you want one that you can handle they are not a good choice :-D

12. tokaykeeper

tokaykeeper Embryo

Nice pic

Tokay Geckos are aggressive for the most part. They do not want to be handled and are quite capable (and willing) to deliver a nasty little bite. I only handle mine when absolutely necessary. I just enjoy watching their habits and feeding behaviors. I do believe you can get them more accustomed to handling over time, but they never completely "tame".

This is not a problem for keeping them as pets. Tokay Geckos can can be safely handled with some minimal precautions and a little experience. They are just not a pet you should buy with the expectation of being able to "play" with it.

I don't wear gloves when i need to catch mine. I wait till they are on a side glass of my tank (remove hiding spots if need be) and with lid removed i drape a t-shirt or cloth over the side covering them. They don't seem to move around and panic this way, but remain relatively still. I can still see the gecko from the outside of tank thought the glass, but they cant see my hand coming through the t-shirt, and i just grab em up! easy!