falling?

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by mohik4n22, Dec 8, 2004.

1. mohik4n22

mohik4n22 New Member

althoughi know they live in trees in the wild but... are they generally althletic? ie dropping to the floor from the sofa? or takin grisks from on top the stereo to the floor? will she damage herself seriously in any way or am i paranoid of her climbing stuff?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

Well personally, I never let an iguana free roam. They can get into all kinds of trouble that way. They can be a bit clumsy. Ours will literally let herself drop about 5 ft from her climbing branches to her bathing pan. Yeah, they can technically get hurt, but they usually have pretty good control over their climbing. I honestly wouldn't let her climb on anything like the stereo and wouldn't let her out without a leash. They get into trouble quickly and will eat anything. They'll try to eat carpet, I've heard of impactions caused by human hair, and will try to squeeze into dangerously close spaces. So the answer to your question is yes and no. They can get hurt, but usually only let themselves drop when they can either control their descent by sliding down something or are at a comfortale height to drop. But anything can happen so you're not being paranoid.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. mohik4n22

mohik4n22 New Member

ok thx for the nfo