Emerald Tree Boa Price

Discussion in 'Boas' started by BigBen14, Jul 29, 2007.

1. BigBen14

BigBen14 Embryo

Im new and Im not gona get one any time soon but jut got a Royal Ball Python. I always loved the way ETB looked. So how much does a baby ETB cost. Thanks.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. dumerillis_1986

dumerillis_1986 Well-Known Member

It is very very hard to find a baby ETB.. most of the adults are imports and I don't even know of a breeder. But if you do find a breeder let me know :).

Also if you do find a baby keep in mind it is most likely either an import baby or the parents were imported.

*edit*
    Sorry so i do not know what the price of a baby would be. I am sure a CBB baby would be a lot more than a Wild Caught. But adults wild caught are normally $200-350 Range.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. BigBen14

BigBen14 Embryo

So pretty much in USA there illegal? Correct

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

Nope..not illegal, just not too many quality breeders. There are plenty importers of WCs and some CBs, but very few CBB breeders out there.

With snakes like GTP and ETBs, it certainly pays to research the breeder and ask for references.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. BigBen14

BigBen14 Embryo

Sorry for not knowing but whats WC,CB, and CBB

So you jut have to know people. OK. well seeing some other post on ETB it might be awhile. Im very scared of getting bite.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. bodom85

bodom85 Member

Ok. WC is wild caught, CB is captive bred and CBB is captive born and bred. I agree, research the breeder. For the price of these animals that is important. I recently Got hosed on a GTP. Babies are rare do to the import thing. Not many breeders out there. kingsnake.com did have some captive bred specimens but not many. You are looking at 350+ shipping for a captive bred one. Keep in mind that this guys may look pretty but they also have the biggest teeth of all no venomous snakes. They will rip you apart if you get a nasty one. I want one of those in the future too. When I find a good breeder then I will buy a baby one. Til then I'll just wait and be happy with what I have. Good luck though

12. BigBen14

BigBen14 Embryo

Yea I heard the cling when the bite. Well thankyou for your help. Itll be a months-years before getting one.

13. BigBen14

BigBen14 Embryo

Another questions some That I see on KINGSNAKE.com hey are red and yellow. are they true a ETB

14. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

Babies can resemble anything out of a bag of M&Ms...pick a color, any color. But as they age, they typically lose their colors and turn green.

Although, some individual snakes may keep some of their color (e.g. blues). Typically, these are the more expensive snakes.

15. BigBen14

BigBen14 Embryo

I see. Thanks, Ill post in months to years telling when ill be getting one. I found some babies for 300

16. BigBen14

BigBen14 Embryo

17. dumerillis_1986

That add is "WANTED" Tree Boas/Python babies. Not selling anything

18. BigBen14

BigBen14 Embryo

Ohh sorry should have looked closer. My bad. well if I do see any new ones I tell you.

19. bodom85

bodom85 Member

Also they are green tree pythons. Are you wanting them or emerald tree boas? there is a difference.

20. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

Re: RE: Emerald Tree Boa Price

There is? :shock: Hehe...i've seen ads for emerald tree pythons and green tree boas and emerald green pythons and who knows what else..it's all interchangeable, really.

21. bodom85

bodom85 Member

RE: Re: RE: Emerald Tree Boa Price

lol. may as well just call them bythons or poas. Just mash them all into one classification. I too have seen and heard these names. I mean emmys usually have only red babies that turn green with white horizontal markings on the back. they will have hints of blue sometimes and some can even be paternless. The green tree pythons are red or yellow babies that usually turn green but can stay yellow, turn blue, have blue markings, yadda yadda yadda. Just get one of each

22. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

Poas :) Excellent!

23. dumerillis_1986

Not sure if you were being sarcastic but they are not even the same lol

24. BigBen14

BigBen14 Embryo

I rather An ETB becuase they have the while line on back while usually GTP have white dot.

25. bodom85

bodom85 Member

Ok then. You can find captive born, but you'll have to look hard. These snakes require a very strick husbandry set up (i.e. right humiditys and temps) and it can be difficult to maintain. As most areboreals, they have a tendancey to be mean. I'm sure you can find nice ones, I've seen them for sale already. If you do go with with an import, go with something that the person has had for more than a couple months and has already been dewormed and treated for parasites. You said you wanted to wait a few years, so by then I'm hoping there will be more captive bred babies available. I myself would love to have an emmy.