crested gecko question

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by kelnich, Dec 31, 2004.

1. kelnich

kelnich Embryo

Hi,
    I have a baby crested gecko but he is very skittish. I am paranoid about trying to handle him and we cleaned his cage for the first time today and just quickly transfered him to another container but he went nuts the next time we picked him up to put him back into his clean cage.
    Luckily he didn't drop his tail. What can we do to get him more used to us? We don't expect to handle him as much as we do our beardie but he is so skittish. It's funny because at the petstore we handled him and he was fine but it's been a couple weeks since then and we pretty much have left him alone until today.

Thanks for the help.

Kelly

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. reako45

reako45 Member

I don't keep Cresties, but when I first got Sunny & Midas they were both very skittish and shy. For 2 weeks they hid, and I wasn't able to pick them up for about 2 mos. I guess over that time they just adjusted to me and their new surroundings. When I did pick them up they were very trusting and calm. You might simply start by offering your hand for them to chill on, just to get your crestie used to you.

Happy New Year! reako45