Corn Snake Lost!

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by Eirlys_333, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Eirlys_333

Eirlys_333 New Member

HELP! My brothers corn snake escaped form its viv about a week ago.
    We have been franticly looking every where, we even completely turned over my brothers room so she is definitely not there. i was wondering if there was anyone that could help me with these questions?

Would she be hiding in a hot or cold area?
    How long will she be able to go without food or water?
    How many people have lost their snakes and found them?

She is about 3 1/2 ft long and nearly 2 years old.

ANY INFO. WOULD BE GREATLY APPRICIATED

:cry:
    title edited. no need for shouting and begging for replies, the snake has been missing for a week. Please save the caps and dire titles for true emergencies. C_3

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. rinako

rinako New Member

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Herp__Kid

Herp__Kid Member

RE: NEED REPLYS QUICK CORN SNAKE LOST!

carolinacornsnakes.com has a good page on finding lost snakes

good luck

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. cosmosnake

cosmosnake New Member

The snake will seek out a warm, dark place. They can go quite some time with out eating, and tons of people have lost their snakes and found them. The finding times have ranged from minutes to weeks and months. Good luck with your search. When I lost my guy I found him in about 2 hours in my Mom's closet.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. fpc40

fpc40 New Member

don't wurry about food, adult cornsnakes can last without a meal for atleast 2 months. try looking for him in all the weird places in the room you keep him, he's gonna be in a small space to hide and mostely warm. you'l also have more chance finding him near the ground because they rearly climb and they onley climb when their active.
    when my corn escaped i found one foot bellow its cage between some boxes and pots.
    good luck finding yours.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Eirlys_333

Eirlys_333 New Member

thnx 4 all the help!

12. Alyxhissy

Alyxhissy New Member

how long can corn snakes last without food? i thought it was 6 months!

13. rinako

rinako New Member

An adult can go 2 months without food. Hey Eirlys_333 have you guys found you bro's corn snake yet?

14. Alyxhissy

Alyxhissy New Member

nope

15. Eirlys_333

Eirlys_333 New Member

no, the snake has now been gone for over a month :)

hopefully she will come out of her hiding place when she is looking for food.

16. fpc40

fpc40 New Member

well don't give up yet, its cold outside so theirs a good chance she's still in the house

17. blackbeltgecko

blackbeltgecko Embryo

RE: sorry

By a month it will be probably dried to something. Mine was when I found her 1 and a half months later. She was stuck behind a picture frame completely stuck to it. We had to peel her skin off the picture frame. And, uh ya, they can climb. She climbed up a either a vertical pole or a lampstring to get there. Good luck, don't lose hope just yet.

18. cwaweeks

cwaweeks New Member

Just for future reference: I thought my corn got out last month. Took everything out of his tank, tore the entire house apart with no luck. Couple of days later, the kids saw him in the tank. Come to find out, one of his tank decorations had a tiny hole in it that he could get into and hide. I had to seal it up with putty.

19. fpc40

fpc40 New Member

yea, snakes are talented hiders. once i thought my snake was gone 2, i took everything out of the cage and he was in none of his hides or anything. then i started going through the substrate, i went through about everything and i found him underneath it in a corner. i mean, if they can hide so well in just a small cage just imagine how good they would be at hiding outdoors.

20. flicka1991

flicka1991 Embryo

Oh god, if any of my snakes got out i would freak, i have cats too. Maybe try checking by heaters...

21. Eirlys_333

Eirlys_333 New Member

Re: sorry

we would do this, but we have no clue where she is, she could be outside, under the floor boards... anywhere.

22. ExSxP

ExSxP Member

just to let you know...my snake has been lost since November...and I just found him today underneath the furnace (which I haven't managed to get him out of yet). So yes..they can last a LONG time without food, don't give up hope.