Corn Snake and their habitat

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by LenoreDraven, Sep 7, 2004.

1. LenoreDraven

LenoreDraven Embryo

Usually around how long can a corn snake live in a 10 gallon tank? When would be a good time to change it from a 10 to a 20 gallon tank?
    THanks

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. stormyva

stormyva Well-Known Member

A 10 gallon would probably be ok for approx the first year, make sure the baby has plenty of hides and artificial greenery so it feels secure in the cage.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. tc1074

tc1074 Embryo

what should i use for a bedding !! im lost ive heard somany diffrent thing's

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. susyq

susyq Member

i use beech chips or gravel in my vivarriums, dont use pine or cedar chips as this can cause respitory problems.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Markey

Markey New Member

I use reptile bark and I love it!!! I was using the cage carpeting, but it was a pain to take the tank down every week to clean out one or two little poos....
    Markey seems to prefer the reptile bark. She makes a little burrow in her favorite hide.
    Good luck with your corn.
    We purchased a twenty gallon long for Markey. She came to us at seven months of age (17" long) and now she's up to 25" long. She does just fine in this tank, but I do plan on upgrading her to a larger tank in another year or so when she's fully grown.
    I think it's nice to be able to give her the room to stretch out....