Corn Island Boas or Dumeril Boas?

Discussion in 'Boas' started by aquamerina, Aug 22, 2007.

1. aquamerina

aquamerina Embryo

I spent a few hours browsing the internet for types of boas, and I think the coloring of these two are gorgeous!

CORN ISLAND BOA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

DUMERIL BOA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can anyone give me more information about either of the two?
    One website said that the Dumeril Boas may be more susceptible to respiratory problems?

Thanks!!! :(

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. DreamingOfDragons

DreamingOfDragons Member

Dumeril's have great temperaments and are often "puppy dog" tame which is why alot of people like them and are often called the "puppy dog" of boas cause they're so calm.

I have a female dumeril's and i have seen anything that makes it look for her to be more susceptible to RIs...i have more problems with my BPs having RIs then i do with my dumeril's.

Males range from 6-7ft full grown
    Females range from 7-8ft and have been known to get to 9ft..though its not common

full grown they can weigh anywhere from 15 to 25 pounds...they have different metabalisims(sp?) the other snakes the can easily get overweight from a normal feeding schedule(normal meaning feeding every 7 days)...so in alot of care sheets i've read said that once they reach 3ft to stop feeding them every week and go to feeding them every two weeks.

www.dumerils.com/dumerils_care.html <....is a good site on dumeril's

If you have the space i'd deffinantly recommend a dumeril's their one of the best boa species out there.

regards,
    Dreamer

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. geckopimp

geckopimp Embryo

i agree,i love my dumeril,its my favorite of all the reptiles i have

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. ryanbachelor

ryanbachelor Embryo

I agree totally, I have had columbians, much like the corn island, and brazilian rainbows, jungle carpet pythons, ball pythons, corn snakes, hognose, and so many others and my favorite is the Dumerils, they are kinda pricey but it is the only one i own now and they stay at a managable size. GREAT SNAKES!