coral or king

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by upcomingherp, Jul 31, 2004.

1. upcomingherp

upcomingherp Embryo

can some one help me i cought a snke and i think its a king snake because red touches black but th head is black

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

Red to black venom lack. red to yellow kills a fellow. remember that golden ryhme. the head color doesnt matter.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. missy

missy Member

do they even sell coral snakes? if they do dont they take out wutever makes the venom?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

he caught it. and no they do not remove the venom and any snake that has had its venom glands removed is called a venomoid. venomoids should not be encouraged because your taking away what makes a venomous snake a venomous snake and that is wrong, not to mention the amount of animals that are permanantly disfigured because of chop shops that try to perform the procedure.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. missy

missy Member

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. blink

blink New Member

coudln't have said it better myself :(

12. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Yup, I'll jump in there on the "me too" side.. Venomoiding is just wrong. Most people who do it are nothing more than garage butchers. It's mutilation, pure and simple.

13. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

catching wild snakes is just wrong, too - ESPECIALLY if you don't know what in the world it is. please return it as close as you can to wherever you found it.

14. blink

blink New Member

oh and if you couldn't tell a difference between a venomous snake and a non-venomous snake, why did you go ahead and catch it??

not a good idea unless you had the proper equipment, in which case I would hope you'd know the difference....