Caiman Enclosure

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by Enharmonic, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Enharmonic

Enharmonic New Member

I found this on youtube, got excited, and immediately begged the wife to let me build something similar in our basement. Designs are currently in progress, and we will be hiring a professional decking builder to come and install the deck around the pond liner after I set it up the way I want it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv-3Djvkank

Also, on a side note, I'm currently searching for Red Blood Pythons at whole-sale prices. If you have juvenile/subadult bloods that you would sell, please message me. I'm intending to buy one male and two females, Het-Albino preferred, but not required.

Thanks!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Cammy

Cammy ReptileBoards Addict

Found....what...on YouTube...I NEED TO KNOW! D=

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Enharmonic

Enharmonic New Member

opps.. fixed

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Wow that's awesome! Definitely check your local (state, county, and town) laws to see if you can get them... most places they require registration and a permit but a number of more urban areas don't allow you to keep them. Good luck if you can though!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Enharmonic

Enharmonic New Member

It is completely legal in my area. That's something I've known for years from when my uncle had one. Unfortunately, his died young because of his lack of knowledge in correct caring procedures, and at that age I also was to young to have known enough to have advised him adequately. I was maybe 8 or 9 at the time. Many many years ago...

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Cammy

Cammy ReptileBoards Addict

Now that is how a caiman should be kept. =D

12. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

i want one :eek:

13. Enharmonic

Enharmonic New Member

If I cut corners, I could probably set everything up for around 3k, but I'm not the kind of guy who likes to cut corners. This isn't an animal that can be kept in a plastic tote. Its a feature animal that I will be showing off regularly to friends and customers, so I will probably knock down all the holds and get the best materials and nicest amenities that I can find. Nice pumps and water features, automated heat regulators for the water, nice decking wood, some kind of glass roofing that can be opened on sunny days for natural lighting, live plants and fish, etcetc. I plan to spare no expense. This will easily be a 6 or 7k project. A hobbiest? No, I'm an enthusiast.

14. Shanna66

Shanna66 Well-Known Member

lol, awesome attitude

if they stayed tiny forever i would get a crocodilian in a heartbeat. since they dont though and im not a very strong person my crocodile skinks are the closest i will get to keeping one

15. Badger711

Badger711 Member

How's it coming?