Beardie Inclosures

Discussion in 'Enclosures, Heating & Lighting' started by LizardGuy1313, Sep 7, 2002.

1. LizardGuy1313

LizardGuy1313 New Member

hey guyz. I got some questions. How much do you think i would have to spend on a beardie's inclosure and how the heck would I make it? what would the dimentions be?:eek:
    If ya got some tips for me, POST EM!!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Well, the cost all depends on what materials you want to use, and how big you make it.

How big you make it depends on the size of your lil guy :)

You can make up a frame out of 2"x2" lengths, and stick 1/4" OSB all over the bottom, back n' sides and have a glass front.

Then either have an open top, or a hinged or sliding top...

How elaborate do you want to go and what's your budget? :)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. LizardGuy1313

LizardGuy1313 New Member

My guy is about 10'' long. I want it fairly elaborate but not over $75. can ya help me??:)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Did my tips on IRC help you out?

If you need any more help, just let me know here. And don't forget to take piccies as you build it up :)

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. gimli023

gimli023 Embryo

hi hows it going? Well beardies need alot of room and i find they are very socieal they need companions. What i did to make my beardie pen is took 4 peices of plywood and made a 3 story pen with sliding plexy glass front pen with stationary lights.It would cost you more then 75.00 but not that much more and it is a good design.Thanks keith

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. trouble

trouble Embryo

i have both of my babies in a 40 gal breeder tank right now,
    they r 121/2 inches and 9 1/2 inches long at present..
    i want to know if moving them into a 75 gallon tank will be sufficient enough for them to be housed for a while..the tank is beautiful and right now it is housing my 23 inch iguana, we want to build her an enclosure but would appreciate some ideas..
    thank you n Happy New Year!!