Bahaman Anole with Eye Problem

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by cuervo, Oct 28, 2009.

1. cuervo

cuervo Embryo

Hello,
    I've got a Bahaman anole with an eye that is white, crusty and swollen shut. Sometimes his nose and ear holes seem white, too. The little guy eats well but stays off by himself. I've got him and a green anole in a 12x12x18 cage. Humidity is about 50%. That sounds low but I use about 2 1/2 small squirt bottles worth of water on the cage per week. Temps are 85F up top and 75F below. UVB and white heat/red heat at night. Ground coconut shells for bedding. There are a lot of green places to hide and two sides of the cage have cork sheets for climbing. He eats live, dusted, gut fed crickets every other day.
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. kramer3380

kramer3380 Embryo

Sounds like you have a bacterial infection going on.. when was the last time you cleaned the tank. There could be a lot of possibilities, but what is good is that your green anole isnt catching any of your other anoles symptoms, but you should keep your eye on him. As far as the feeding and care of the living arrangements you are doing everything right, although the humidity is favored at 80 % but I wouldn't go around putting more moisture in the tank until it clears up. Go to your local pet store and see if the have any kind of over the counter drops for his eyes. If it persists your best bet might be to take him to a vet.. hope this helps